Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are boxers prone to getting sick? We rescued a 4-5 year old boxer and we can't seem to get him healthy. He has an apt with the vet again tomorrow. He was an owner surrender to a boxer rescue I wish his owners would have given a health background on him so we knew how to treat his illness. Sad boxer Mommy.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Before we even rescued him when we were visiting with him I noticed he was leaking pee. The Foster just laughed it off as excitement. When my husband brought him home he came with antibiotics so we assumed they were for the pee leaking since it was not due to excitement. After we had him a week I knew he had issues and we took him to the vet. His labs were bad so they said more antibiotics. When he was done he had a stomach rash, pimples, ear itching, course coat. So I knew we needed to change his food. After trial and error we finally found 4health Grain free and all his symptoms disappeared. Now he is rapidly losing weight. We are very worried we lost our first boxer very unexpectedly and are still heartbroken if we lose this one also it will be so hard. We have another vet apt today.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts