Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I'm new to forum. I had three boxers. Pyper, was the first. She was a flashy brindle female, 11+years and had Cushings' Disease and DM. She passed away in 2016. It was not long after I got Pyper, that I ended up with her daughter Tess, a fawn and white female. I had the two of them for many happy years. I just lost Tess to stomach cancer on Christmas Eve day 2018, she was 11 years 1 month. Then Chuck, a palliative rescue, just passed away on 25 Feb, 2019 - shortly after Tess. He was around 9.5 years. He had thyroid problems and Cushings' Disease. I had him for just over a year, but I am happy that I was at least able to make his last year one that was full of love. All three dogs were awesome.
I'm pretty heartbroken and have not been without a dog for over 12 years. So its pretty strange to be at home alone right now.
I would like to get another boxer, but for now, I am happy to be part of a forum where people know and love this great breed.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Hi there Tessamie,
I know, with Boxers big personalities they are sorely missed when they're gone. You've been through a lot of loss recently. I hope you're doing OK. Maybe talking with other boxer owners can help.

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
Welcome to the forum Tessamie. I am sorry for the loss of your boxers, they sound very loved. Our boxer is a flashy reverse brindle. He turned 5 y ears old in Sept. I can hardly believe he is 5. He actually belongs to my adult daughter who lives at home with us. I am older and wanted my own boxer for when she moves with him, so I started looking. HIs breeder no longer breeds and it was very difficult finding another reputable breeder. I also always wanted a standard poodle..no shedding no drooling. I did find several reputable breeders. While looking for both I was contacted by a breeder that she was faint to be in town visiting a friend and delivery a puppy so she would bring 2 along so I could see her dogs. Well you know what happened. I now have the boer and a standard poodle. He has been a chore for me to train, while very smart he is very excitable and that makes things much more difficult. He wants to please but can hardly contain his exuberance . He plays harder than the boxer so they don't play well. Our boxer is a very laid back guy. I hope in time you fill your house again with the love of a boxer....or poodle lol

·
Registered
16 Posts
So sorry for your loss. When you loose a fur baby it is literally like loosing a child. I have a reverse brindle boxer he is 16 months old and is an absolute joy and loves to please. You will have another boxer when you are ready lol they are very addictive. We are happy to have you here and share our love with you until you are ready for your own again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 5 of 5 Posts