Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I’m new to this forum!! I was wondering if anybody has a boxer that deals with IBD?? We’ve had a really hard time with it and I was wanting to compare notes and get advice!! Thanks!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
OVO Health is the fastest growing healthcare facilitator dealing in multispeciality treatments like Cosmetic Surgeries, Cancer and Fertility. OVO Guarantees to get you the best treatment possible well within your budget and from the most experienced doctors in its network. OVO's mission is to help patients with unbiased transparent information across healthcare and assist with Trusted and Transparent information. OVO is known for its Independence, Authority and strong Patient Feedback. OVO Health is there with you through your entire journey making your Dream of Parenthood a Reality.

·
Registered
3,858 Posts
Hello I’m new to this forum!! I was wondering if anybody has a boxer that deals with IBD?? We’ve had a really hard time with it and I was wanting to compare notes and get advice!! Thanks!!
Our terrier has this. After spending about $1800. lol. She is now eating science diet prescription."digestive care". She eats both wet & dry but I must wet down her dry food ab out an hour ahead of time to soften it, otherwise it will till upset her stomach some. As long as she doesn't get treats she is good. I find I can give her instinct dehydrated topper, just one or two as a treat and its ok.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Our old boxer had/had it all his life. Gas, the runs, and even skin allergies.
I was mixing pumpkin and yogurt into every meal for him for 2 years.

We had a vet prescribe Royal Canin PR Rx diet (it’s not cheap...). Solved his tummy issues. In 2-3 weeks and he’s been great for 4 years.

Good luck!

Our puppy is gonna be 14 weeks tomorrow and he has no probs (yet).

·
Registered
518 Posts
My girl had a bought with an overgrowth of bacteria in her gut she had bloody diarrhea and we had a terrible time I read on the forum one owner used Baytril to help with the condition and they posted a paper written by a Vet about it I took it to my Vet we got on the baytril and in just a few days her symptoms were much better we did two cycles of baytril and there has been no more problems she has normal stool now. She had Royal Canine Fiber diet when she was having problems its prescription but she did well on it and now she is on Royal Canin regular adult doing well.

·
Registered
5,075 Posts
I can't comment on Science Diet, as they did not make a formula for my Cat with UTI's but Royal Cain does.

And while I have some issue's with R/C food in regards to the price and hassle factor to name two. If I ever have another pet, with special needs (and I was not feeding a Raw Diet) which I don't, (hassle factor.) I would ask about a R/C formula for my furry buddy again. Since for just about everything (food related) they seem "to have a plan for that!" :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts