Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me and my wife found this site what a good one, all the info on boxers at your fingertips. we have our boxers in the gallery. Let us know what you think.

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
Oh my, what beautiful boxers! Joey is one handsome big boy and Josie is a cutie. Kids are cuties too :lol:  Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
What a beautiful family and Josie and Joey are just adorable.  Welcome to the Forum.  We love to see pictures and look forward to hearing all about your fur kids and family!!!

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Beautiful kids you have there....skin and fur!  :D  Welcome aboard!

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Welcome to the forum..Your family, both skin & fur are adorable..Look forward to hearing more about them :)

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
Welcome to the forum! You have a beautiful family  :)  Josie and Joey and the kids are all so cute. Looks like they have a lot of fun together!

·
Registered
780 Posts
Welcome!  Great to have you here.  Your babies are very cute!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all the comments, We are hoping to breed them when Josie gets a little older and we get a little more info on it .We don't want to get into it uneducated. But they are both such well behaved and healthy dogs we think that they would be great candidates.

G

·
0 Posts
Skitish...I would recommend you reading up on breeding...white boxers are not supposed to be bred as they do not meet breed standards.  The only reason to breed is for the betterment of the breed, and as whites are not standard, there is no reason to breed them.  They also are more prone to certain health conditions.  It is considered unethical to breed them.  Please do your research before breeding. Also, all boxers who are bred should go through a regimin of health tests such as cardio and hip/joint tests.  Please do A LOT of research before even considering breeding.  People who do not research and test their dogs are called back yard breeders and many boxers that are bred from BYB have a lot of health problems.  I believe that Chloe was from a BYB and her mommy can tell you all of the multitudes of problems that they have had with her and her health.  For the sake of the dogs, please do not rush into breeding...

On a different note though, welcome to the forum and your dogs are very pretty

·
Registered
933 Posts
Welcome!  Your babies are adorable...both skin and fur!  Look forward to hearing all about them.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Aquagirl I know that white boxers are not a breed standard (crock if you ask me). And I also know that there are potential health risks . But if you have 2 perfectly healthy dogs, both of which come from champion bloodlines, I don't see the harm. I would be providing a family with a wonderful loving animal for a family pet. I guess if we all thought like you I would not have either of my dogs. Josie's mother was white and although joe's parents were brendle he came out white, so I guess I don't see it the same way as you. Don't worry I am going to do research on it , and have been for a while. as far a betterment to the breed .....the breed is better because Joe exsist and was not culled, murderd, sluaghterd how ever you want to say it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Tinkerbelle, You have stunning white babies! Have you had any health issues with them? Ours is super healthy and has never had any problems, but it seems we get looked down on from the breed standard breeders. I hate the way they portray white boxers as misfits.

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Welcome to you and your family.  Can't wait to see more pictures.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Hello and Welcome from Florida.  Your babies are beautiful all of them, skin and fur.   I bet there is never a dull moment with 3 small boys and 2 boxers.    

My Dixie is a fawn.  Her mother was all white like your Joe and her father was a brindle.   There were 10 puppies in the litter and not one of them was white.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Time and experience has shown that white boxers are not to be used as breeding stock.  It doesn't make them any less loveable or beautiful.  It just says that any white boxer is to be placed on a spay or neuter agreement.  That decision was made to protect the breed as a whole.  Maybe you own a perfectly healthy white boxer, but to use it as breeding stock is just against the standard designed to better the breed as a whole.

"WHITE BOXERS

For many years white and check Boxer puppies were culled by most breeders at birth.   Their reasoning being that the white colour was always associated with deafness and congenital defects. This has been disproved in latter years.   Because breeders did not keep or sell their white puppies many people believed that the white Boxer was rare, which is not the case.    Actually around 20% of all Boxer puppies born are white, being most common in flashy to flashy breeding, due to the original Boxer ancestors being white.

Although there is a tendency to deafness in all white dogs and cats, deafness can be discovered at a very young age and deaf puppies can be placed in loving, caring homes.

All white and check Boxers are placed on a spay/neuter basis and are not bred.
NB: Extra care must be taken to protect them against sunburn."

The color of a Boxer's coat has nothing to do with the wonderful Boxer personality we all love!!

If people would only realize that with every breeding they are setting the future genetic strengths and weaknesses of the breed as a whole, then they would follow all the recommendations of the standard and that is to breed ONLY to improve the breed as a whole, and not to satisfy a need to have their children experience the miracle of birth, or make a few bucks for their kids college fund, etc.  The definition of byb is people that don't follow the rules.

That includes having both parents fully tested and those tests don't come cheap.  You are talking about spending between $500 - $1,000 for the tests alone.  It does not mean, having your shots up to date and worming your dog and bitch.

It also means finding the best stud to help correct any faults in your bitch.  It costs a great deal of money for the stud fees, the airline and boarding fees, etc.  This does not mean using the male that's handy, nor does it mean you should breed your female just because you have one!  We all love our dogs and think they are perfect -- but that doesn't mean they are great examples of the breed!  In otherwords, if you have never been to a dog show, you probably don't know what is or isn't a fault in your own dog.

It also means keeping the puppies until they are at least 12 weeks old, if not 16 weeks old, feeding them a high quality food, and having given them all their shots, and medical exams to ensure to your buyer that the puppy is indeed healthy.  You owe it to the person you are selling your puppies too.

Until everyone starts to follow all the rules, we will never be able to ensure the health and survival of our beloved breed.  If you don't have the knowledge or the money to do all these things, then you shouldn't be breeding.  And I mean seriously, who can really say they are going to breed to keep all the puppies in their own home, and spay/neuter them all so the line ends???

I am sorry, but I feel very strongly about this and it's only my opinion.  Feel free to disagree all you like.  But for those that don't know, I hope it will lead you to revisit the reason for breeding and think about the future of boxers in the world.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts