Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all! I just purchased my third boxer at the first of the month. She is such a sweetheart! She is 14 weeks old and her name is Sofie. She is our indoor baby of course! We have decided NOT to get her ears cropped. She is so cute with floppy ears. In the past we have cropped our boxers ears but we just don't want to put her through the pain of doing it...and for what..just for looks..that doesn't seem fair to her. Anyway our last boxer Bruno was a WONDERFUL boy. He was 12 years old when he passed away. He was indoor/outdoor. He stayed indoors during the night and he went outside during the day if it ws nice. Unfortunatly he had a secound bout with cancer and lost. He had two surgeries to try to get rid of his cancer but after the second one, he never recovered and was in a lot of pain. So we called our family vet and he came out to our house. We all gathered around Bruno one last time. We loved on him and told him he would be okay soon and not be hurting anymore. Even our vet was crying. He gave Bruno the injection and he peacefully passed away within seconds. That day was the hardest day of our life. Bruno was not just a dog, he was our family pet and best friend. We loved him very much. Mom was heart broken and within days decided she wanted another boxer. Sofie has been the best. We love her so much and mom is so happy again. We still miss bruno and love him. I hope none of you ever have to go through the pain of putting down your beloved boxer. If so, please dont hesitate to contact me for support. Here is a picture of my baby Sofie!

Attachments

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Welcome..and what a doll Sofie is..I myself prefer the ears natural, so you won't hear any complaints out of me..I think they have a lot more personality with natural ears..I grieve with you on the loss of Bruno, it's soo hard to lose a wonderful family memeber that has been with you for a long time..Know that he is at peace & chasing them rabbits & such with all the joy that is a part of a boxer..

·
Registered
17 Posts
Congrats on your new one!

I'm sorry to hear about Bruno.  I just had to do the same thing for my 11 yr old Tyler... it was awful.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts