1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Welcome to you and Kota!

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
welcome from Texas! Glad to have you on board. be sure to post pics, we are kinda addicted to them here :wink:

·
Registered
74 Posts
Welcome and good luck with the bed Soloman started that as soon as we got him. he is almost 1 year old 70lbs and still forces his way under the bed. It is quite funny to watch him spreed out on the floor an elbow crawl under the bed.

·
Registered
616 Posts
A big welcome to you and Kota.  He surely must be getting to that gangly stage where he is all legs and not much more.  In time he will put on weight and it will surprise you how fast.  Always remember....boxer grow up the first year and out the next.  It also depends on his parents.  I have one that will always be skinny and the baby will be the biggest of the two.  His daddy was on the large side!

Ask any questions you can think of.  There are many of us on here with a load of information!

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Rotflmao...Sounds like a typical 4 mo old boxer to me... :)  And sounds like you are doing quite well with him too...If you are interested there is a boxer meetup group the second Sat of the month in Madison. You might consider coming by. There is another person that has a puppy about the same age....Feel free to PM me if you'd like some more info...We have a great time, just getting together, letting the dogs socialize and run....

Oh, welcome to the forum....Feel free to ask any questions, someone is always around to with a good answer for you......We need some pictures of that little cutie  :)

·
Registered
37 Posts
welcome to the forum...

i own 3 boxers.  and i own a boxer kennels ,which i raise boxers and sell them, i live in mississippi

·
Registered
977 Posts
Hello Kotajr, i'm new here too. Voltaire was skinny too. If only you knew how much it worried me! I tried everything to make him eat more - the vet even gave me free samples to try out which one he'd go for best. The breeder said to try mixing in a bit of tinned sardines with the dry food - which he really liked then after 2/3 days he'd lose interest. I also tried ground beef for a while and i'd alternate. With time he's filled out ok. About 70lb at 2 1/2 years and doesn't look too skinny - though i'd prefer a couple more pounds on him. I'm afraid i leave food out all day for him and top up all the time. You're not supposed to - but if i took it away and tried to feed him twice a day i'm worried he'd starve! Silly me! Funnily enough he loves fruit... anyone else have a boxer who'll scoff an apple, melon or peach?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks everyone for the warm welcome, I am sure that should I have questions as to why a silly boxer is behaving the way he is, it can be answered here.  A BIG thank you from Huntsville, Alabama.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts