Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello from Long Point Ontario Canada,

I was finally able to register my account after having months of registration and e-mail issues....

I've been reading the postings here for a while now and i am happy i can finally start posting!

After the recent loss back in November of my fawn girl 'Sexy' :cry: which i loved with all my heart, I got a new 3.5 month old brindle girl 'Gaby' :D

Gaby is now almost 5.5 month old and my concern was that today we were playing outside together and she picked up a dead rodent...thankfully she did not eat it and only had it in her mouth for a few seconds.  Should i be concerned about any complications....should i call the vet or am i overreacting?

Any info with similar experiences with your boxer would be great.

Thanks

Rene

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
I dont think you have anything to worry about, but i would suggest keeping an eye on her just to make sure she doesnt show any signs of being sick!

and welcome to the forum... we'd love to see some pics!

·
Registered
780 Posts
Welcome!  Sorry for your loss, can't wait to see pictures of your babies!

I wouldn't worry about the rodent.  Ours have found birds, ground squirrels, chipmunks, etc. many times and have been fine.  We get them away from them as soon as we can and they usually don't know what to do with it they just carry it around.   8O

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
Howdy from Texas and welcome! :D
So sorry to hear of your loss.
I think Gaby should be fine.  My Henry has caught and killed a squirrel, a bird, and several frogs and we've never had a problem. :wink:

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Welcome to the forum, can't wait to see pictures.  Kiah has eaten a couple mice and tiny mole (ugh) at the dog park.  She never has had a problem which always surprised me since she had so many problems with different foods.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks to everyone who replied to my post....i feel more at ease about it now...

I'm glade to see people are very friendly here!

here is a picture of my Gaby :D

Attachments

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
:-h Welcome Rene and gorgeous Gaby!  :D

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
OH I just love those brindles with the black mask, Gaby's beautiful  :D so very sorry for your loss of Sexy, they always leave us waaaay too soon. As far a Gaby picking up a dead critter, that's just the nature of a dog and if she didn't eat it she should be fine. Welcome to the forum, more pics of that gorgeous girl please :lol:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts