Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone.....don't let my username scare you I am not really an insainiac.... :D
It was an old pet name from years ago that has stuck!
I don't actually have a boxer but was looking up info on comfortis and so glad that I stumbled across this board....I was actually going to go and get some from the vet today and try it but after reading some of the info I am glad I didn't get it yet.
I think I am going to try the natural method after using advantix previously.
We live in South Texas and the advantix and frontline sure don't seem to last long against the fleas...we definately don't get the full month coverage from it.
We have twelve dogs so it gets pretty expensive.
We have eight Pembroke Welsh Corgis ...Hunter,Sassy,Cricket,Trigger,Scotty,Booger,Maggie,and Romo!
one Cardigan Welsh Corgi ...Sparky!
one Australian Shepard....Shadow!
one Great Pyreneese...Duke!
one Chinese Crested Powder Puff.....Muffin!
We have a bunch of miniature horses,pygmy goats, two miniature donkeys a couple of regular size horses....two ferrets, a bunny and a chinchilla ...oh yeah and three turtles and a bunch of fish  :D
One of our employees has always had boxers and just recently lost his to cancer .....so I have been researching them a lot for him and he is possibly thinking of getting another one. His parents have two that are getting up there in age!
Anyways hope you guys don't mind if I hang out here to get info......even though we don't own a boxer now doesn't mean that we never will  :wink:
Anita

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes...we love it!
We actually moved three years ago and we had some of these pets...but we have really grown....we actually moved out of city limits and got acerage for the dogs ...I don't think hubby was expecting our family to grow this much  :wink:
We live out but we still have neighbors within visiting distance and we have a retired couple that live near us and asked when we were getting a giraffe to complete our petting zoo  :wink:
I guess you could say animals our my addiction and I kind of drag the rest of the family into it
oh my gosh....I forgot to mention the chickens!
And the whitetail deer...no they aren't really pets...but we have a feeder out back and feed them!

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Welcome Anita to you and your gang.  We would love to see pictures.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the warm welcome...
I am at our shop right now....but will try to post some photos later from our home computer!
I just reread my post and also forgot our 5 kitties.....they wouldn't be very happy!
Mason,Willy,Angel,Kinky (he has a kink in his tail) and last but not least our little Taco Bell dumpster kitty who my daugher named Kitty....we are running out of names for our animals  :wink:
I didn't give our horses names in my first post but they are
Lil Bit ORowdy (Lil Bit)
Indy Go Rowdy (Indy)
Trouble
Forest
Lil Misfit
Daisy
Bo
Buster
May
Dude

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Welcome! Sounds like there is never a dull moment around your house!  :D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
There really isn't ever a dull moment......we just keep redoing the fencing ...cross fencing and then re-cross fencing.....
rotating who comes in the house together and who goes outside to go to potty together....one of our female corgis and our female australian shepard don't always get along and they almost killed one another last spring ....so we have to play musical dogs around our house.....they are both very sweet dogs and both get along with all the others except each other! The boys just seem so much easier to please, they play rough together but then they snuggle up together.....the girls are just so competitive with one another!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts