Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was browsing the forum for a couple of months now. Looking to shift my 6 month old boxer to PMR diet. Meet Iroh - Dragon of the West, in all his glory.

Attachments

• Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18
    491.7 KB Views: 40

·
Registered
28 Posts
Was browsing the forum for a couple of months now. Looking to shift my 6 month old boxer to PMR diet. Meet Iroh - Dragon of the West, in all his glory.
Awesome pic! Love those goofy boxers!

Sent from my SM-T817V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am concerned about his cow hocked hind legs. He slips a lot on the tile flooring so I restrict his play in the house. As soon as I'm out of sight he picks up his toys and continues running around. I've tried placing yoga mats on the floor, but he thinks they are something to play with.

The vet's asked me to put him on a calcium supplement and warned me about joint problems and hip dysplasia in the future. How concerned should I be? Are there any exercises I can use to correct his legs?

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Yes you should be careful with him on slippery floors, Tile, and hardwood not good for running pups. We do not allow ours to run inside the house, kinda like my kids growing up, lol. Calcium probably a good idea. We also read that later neutering is helpful, 12-18 months after the bone plates have finished growing.
Leerburg | Neutering Male Dogs
I must add though as a pet owner you must be vigilant in not allowing your dog to mate, and if there is the slightest chance then go ahead and get him neutered. We got our boxer neutered at 12 months.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts