Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. We got our first boxer about 10 years ago and she passed away from an aneurism about 3 years ago. We just got a 8 week old puppy almost two weeks ago. His name is Gus.

One question I have is.. does his muzzle look longer than a boxers should? He is AKC registered, but it seems quite a bit longer than our other boxers did.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
I think he looks fine. Think the wide white stripe is causing a little of an optical illusion. Great looking pup

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
Is he German or American Boxer, I heard the German Boxers have longer snouts, thats what mine is
Actually its the other way around. There German boxer is stocker built, (thicker) and the muzzle is shorter.

German vs American Boxer

You can see in the images the difference. American boxers have a sleek look and the German is well just more muscle.

Where was your puppy imported from? or were the sire and dam imported?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Gus is american as far as I know. There were two left when the breeder brought them over. His brother was black (sealed) and was a lot more stalky and heavier. It was so hard to choose between them, but I wanted brindle that you could see.

This is his brother on the right.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
I definitely wouldn't sweat it. Look at it this way, he will breath easier and snore less.:sleep::boxr:
lol
Two things I wasn't looking forward to was the snoring and gas. Have to say thankfully my guy pretty much never snores and never has gas.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Welcome! Super cute! Yes i was not aware of the farting! Surprised me the first time

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts