Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im summer, 25 y/o mother of one, and one child on the way..im also the proud owner of a white boxer harley. she is the queen of the house besides me. lol. i will get my siggy updated soon.  We have had Harley 3 years now. we "rescued" her from a terrible home that was selling puppies. sheis full blooded however.

does anyone else boxer have eye trouble when outside in the sun alot? we live in texas and it gets pretty hot here. i make her come in after 10 minutes of play to get out of the sun, but sometimesher eye still gets puffy and waters alot. only one of them though. if she stays in most of the day or if its cloudy out it doesnt get puffy. any suggestions?

·
Registered
159 Posts
cool, my wife and I have a white boxer too. he's almost 5 months and a handfull. I just put some pics of him on his gallery. We live in texas also and we're new to white boxers, so we're waiting to see if Petey has any problems with his white fur (sunburn) in the sun. Good to hear from another white boxer owner!!--Rich

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Hi and welcome to the forums!  :D  Could the eye problems be an allergy?

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
we are in the ft hood area/killeen..its about an hour north of austin, my husband is in the army and we have been stationed here about 4 years, originally from NC.

my boxer does get sunburned easily, my vet recomends baby sunblock, its helps a little, but mostly i try to keep her in when the sun is highest.

im thinking it was an eye allergy, the puffiness went away this week andlooks fine now. maybe an allergy to the sun?  dont know why it would only affect one eye though.  underneath her eye is now stained brown.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Hello and welcome... I live in Dallas, Texas and yes it is finally hot and sunny. Which i wish it was just a little cooler. It might be allergies. She is gorgeous.  :D

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Welcome to the forum..Try a pair of doggles..I saw some really neat ones in Drs Foster & Smith catalog...I bet those would be a great help to Harley

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Always put sunblock on your white Boxer when it's going to be exposed to sun for an extended period of time!!!

You can buy goggles/sunglasses for your pup to protect their eyes from the sun.  Your pup may be getting something in its eye.  Take it to the vet to get it checked out.

Liz and Lilly

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
Hello and Welcome from Savannah, Reese and myself-we are in the Fort Worth area in Texas!! i wont be of any help with the eye thing, but i hope things work out for her. Please feel free to jump in and keep those pics of your pretty girl coming! We are addicted here.

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
Howdy!  So not only is it hot, it's humid too!  Especially after all this rain!
The eye thing sounds like an allergy, talk to the vet.
We use a baby sunblock of spf 50 and it's a spray on, so it's easier to use.  Henry is not white, but likes to sun his belly which is practically bald!
Good luck!
Zhanna

·
Registered
627 Posts
Hello and welcome.  She is gorgeous.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Welcome!  Check with your vet about the eye thing,  I think the Goggle Idea is totally cool.  

About the black under her eye now-  Boxer skin tends to do that whenever they get an injury.  Like a scar.  Someone else here will have more knowledge and experince regarding that.  I only know that when my friend gave Ginsy to me she cautioned me to make sure she had a good thick bed to lie on cause they develope dark bald spots on the pressure points if they sleep on a hard surface.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
The brown "stain" is NOT a scar!!!  It is a tear stain!!!  Use a cloth wetted down with warm water and wipe daily.  Use J&J Baby Body Wash when you wash her face during bath time.  It is really good because it doesn't burn the eyes and because of that you can really work it into the stain to lighten it!!!  My vet said the "stain" is not caused by any kind of infection (the eye weeping may be from an infection, but the stain is not [my groomer friend told me the same thing]).  It probably won't go away (it just gives our whites more character; Lilly has them and I've finally come to terms with her having them), but you can reduce the look by wiping her face and cleaning during bathtime.

Liz and Lilly

·
Registered
46 Posts
[quote="summer\";p=\"15643":2u9gka94]Im summer, 25 y/o mother of one, and one child on the way..im also the proud owner of a white boxer harley. she is the queen of the house besides me. lol. i will get my siggy updated soon.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Welcome!  Harley is adorable, such a sweet face!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts