Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:roll:  

New to this sight, and was wondering if anyone knows if the lower eyelids of my 10 mo. old girl is normal or not.  Her eyes are clear, but if she turns her eyes a certain way, the lower inside of the lids look bright red.

I have been a lurker in the past and have to thank so many of you for getting me through the loss of my 8 yr old sweet Toby.  He was my first boxer which made me fall in love with the breed.

Forever owned by a boxer!

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
If you can post a picture its a lot eaiser to tell.

However it is common for some boxers to have loose eyelids exposing some red (like Kash) or to have unpigmented third eye lids that can be light and turn red when they are tires or excessive exercise.   It all depends.

However some redness of the eye could be an infection or something called Cherry eye is which is rather extreme.  

I will post a pic of Kash's eye when  they are loose, exposing some red.   They get worse when he is tired or playing.

·
Registered
412 Posts
If you are talking about the third eye lid or Nicatating (sp) membrane. Some are not pigmented and get pink. My girl gets pinker the more tired she gets. If it's the Eye itself then there might be a problem.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for your responses.
No her eyes are very clear.  It is the inside of the lower lids that look "blood red".  The first time i noticed it she was exhausted.  Then my husband made a remark a couple of days later.  Can this be normal or is a trip to the vet required?

~~~Post a picture heehee, I can't even set up the avatar:p~~~

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OMG!  I really did laugh out loud.  What a handsome young man.

Yes that is how her eyes look but only a lot redder when she is tired.  Thanks for the info.  I feel better now.

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
Welcome to the forum! Glad you decided to stop lurking and join us!  :) Can't wait to see pics of your baby and hear more about her.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Welcome to the forum, glad you decided to join us....Angel's eyes do that as well when she's tired, kinda reminds me of someone with a hangover :lol:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thank you everyone!  I'm trying to set up an avatar with no luck :oops:

Maybe someday I will be able to show off my buddies.  One step at a time.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
No, that was me just trying to get a picture on.  That was my beautiful Toby who we adopted (he was abused) and got us hooked on these wonderful dogs.  He was put down in Feb and my new girl came to us in March.  She's the one with the red eyes.  I think everything is ok going by other pics.  Just paranoid after losing such a wonderful dog and hearing nightmare stories about the health of the breed.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Gotcha. Glad you adopted that handsome boy. Kudo's to you.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts