Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've had puppy for 4 weeks now. The last 2 weeks, his ears have seemed to migrate right to the top of his head. I don't currently have a photo of him exactly (he's sleeping) but first photo was before, second photo is exactly what his are doing now.

I've never had a boxer's ears do this or anything else odd, for that matter. It's obviously not hurting him or me, but people make fun of him for looking silly. I love him the same, because he's just my companion.. just trying to see if there's anything I can do to get them to sit normal or if they will eventually fall.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,075 Posts
Welcome aboard and I will say first, to me natural ears mean natural ears, nothing to fuss with. I considered cropping with Struddell but it was too much expense fuss and bother for me and in anycase floppy and docky suited her personality just fine, she'd have struggled with the looking regal and serious thing. :)

That said ... yeah, I do have to say, those are some crazy looking ears ... Fox Terrier look?? But I thin Boxer ears are to heavy for them to stay like that??? Welcome aboard in any case.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm assuming only time will tell. I will definitely inquire during next shot appointment but figured I'd ask in case anyone has seen these ears before. They seem super small for the rest of his body and fold in on the inside on the top so it pulls the inward. Hopefully they fall back out. If not, he will just be quirky I guess :)

·
Registered
163 Posts
Someone here in the forum not long ago had a pup with ears like that. I think it may have been Gypsy. Either way I think there is a picture in one of the posts about ears.

Talos can have cute normal ears one day and complete goblin ears the next. On occasion on of his ears props up the way your pups are. Other times he's gone one normal and one goblin ear.

Either way... they're all cute and sooner rather than later they'll come to suit him weather than stay that way or do something else. It'll just become a part of who he is.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
I always thought Zukes ears were way to big as a pup, but his head grew into them. He tends to get the "flying nun" ears occasionally. Never seen the ears on top like that before. Looks cute though and gives him some personality.

·
Registered
5,075 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
Not sure about what's happening, but what I can add that we learned about boxer ears is that you have to clean their ears on a regular basis. We live in the southern US, so it is warm/hot and humid much of the year.

We clean them usually weekly to help prevent infections. All of ours have floppy/ natural ears which makes them more prone to stuff growing in them.

There's at least one thread I've read on here a few weeks back about cropping. It's not right for us, but per the data it helps prevent infections since the ears 'breathe' more.

·
Registered
178 Posts
This is the most recent pic I have of gypsy I think it was taken last week. Her ears pretty much have a mind of there own...lol they are all over the place most of the time but we love it. She is so unique in so many ways and I think her ears just add to it.

I think your guy is super cute with his floppy ears. I wouldn't worry?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
Pretty common for natural ear boxers to have wonky ears, or go through the wonky ear stage.. you could look into taping them down, or ive heard messaging them helps.. my guy had wonky ears when he was younger and they seem to have fixed themselves... love a boxer with goofy ears gives them character lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts