Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everyone i was wondering if any one knew if there is any boxer clubs or organizations in the southern new york or upstate new york area i would love to go to a boxer get to gether i see them for lots of other breads and i see them for boxers in other areas well any help would be nice and thanks

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
I can never seem to find boxer get togethers around here..I've checked out meetup.com and there is nothing around my area of NY  :(

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hmm maybe i will have to stert one. Pugs should not get all the fun.....lol
they have them for pugs all the time around my area

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Yep.. tons around here for pugs too..My mom owns one and goes to a get together almost every week! I always tell hubby I think we live in a anti boxer part of NY because we just never see any around. These people just don't know what the best dog breed is I guess. lol

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
there didnt used to be one here in DFW, TX area, but there were enough people interested at meetup.com that one was created. Maybe you two could get some people that each of you know with boxers and start one in your area?

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
I'm on meetup.com i will join your group, and i will have my sister join too!

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
meetup.com is great and I am very happy with our meetup group and where we meet.  It is also great to look at the pictures of the differnt boxer meetup groups.  I saw some pictures on there of Samsonsmom's (Willow) meet up group.

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
there is a meetup down the road from us in TX on 09/08. I am debating on whether or not to take the girls. I want to socialize, but i dont want to cause trouble or give them heart attacks!!

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
southerngirls\";p=\"27485 said:
there is a meetup down the road from us in TX on 09/08. I am debating on whether or not to take the girls. I want to socialize, but i dont want to cause trouble or give them heart attacks!!
We have a message board and email list on our meetup page, why don't you explain your situation and ask them what they think.  I think our group would be willing to help out.

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
i rsvp'd with a maybe- and then i sent an email to the person who started the group. I am waiting to hear back-i just did this last night

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Definitely Andrea, talk to the person who runs it, explain your situation and see what they say....You never know, and if it's not far, it's definitely worth trying at least..For me, it's almost a 2 hr drive, so once I commit, I got to stay for awhile....Your girls may do better than you think  :)

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
JessiesMom\";p=\"27473 said:
lisaken - what city did you regester under?
We are under Horseheads 14845 I have seen boxers in and around town so i thought this would be a great thing

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
yeah it is only about 20 min from the house- so at most if it doesnt work i am out an hour!

Lisaken- i hope you are able to get some people from the group together!! keep us posted on your search

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
yes i will keep posted on this and definetly get pics if somthing works out. and my family is also willing to go a good drive to set it up at a central meeting place

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
We're sorta nearby, about 30 minutes south of Syracuse, if there's a boxer get together we're in,just let us know :lol: We have relatives with a boxer who live nearby, I'm sure they'd show up too! Good idea lisaken!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
i wanted to let everyone know that we will not be able to get a boxer get to gether going right of way my daughter and us have just been inforemd that she has to have some extensive medical treatments that will be taking up alot of our spare time so thanks for all the interest in the topic and as soon as posible we will try this again

1 - 20 of 23 Posts