Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi my name is brianna.... we have 4 chihuahuas in the house atm (my mom has two and i have two) but my mom and i want to suprise my dad with a boxer puppy sometime soon.... its his dream dog. do you have any advice about training and training a bigger pup to be gentle with our small dogs (vs versa with our chis too) we've had big dogs before we got our little ones but havent had them at the same time.

im glad i found this forum, i hope to make many new friends and as soon as we get a pup, i will be sure to post pictures

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Hi, and welcome to Boxer Forums!!!

When I rescued Maddie, I was told she grew up with 2 chi's and 2 bassett hounds. I really don't know how she did with them, obviously because I wasn't there.  :?  I think she was crated most of her life.  I think that if you bring a puppy into the house you will have better luck with getting them used to each other. I really don't think it will be a problem for the boxer pup, you might have to train the other dogs to get along with the boxer. Boxer's are very social dogs. They love company. Sounds like there will be plenty of that at your house!
Again, welcome and if you have any questions, just feel free to ask.  :D

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, yeah i think we'll have to keep an eye on my moms two males more than my girls..my girls our two years old and 8 months old, my moms males are 2 and 1 years , so that arent that old.... we want to get a female pup.... im just so excited

·
Registered
378 Posts
Hello & welcome.I was actuaaly had the same question.I will be getting another boxer puppy and a Chi here soon I wondered how Chis do around boxers

1 - 4 of 4 Posts