Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 8 1/2 month old white Boxer pup (with some of little brown and black spots). He came to me from Oklahoma @ 8 weeks- waiting to get him off the plane seemed like a lifetime (much less waiting for him to turn 8 weeks!). He's a fantastic dog- so smart, willing, and loving. Very social (except at home- please I need advice on the topic I just posted) and sensitive.  His 'brother' is the same age but a little bitty Chihuahua/Chinese Crested (powder puff) cross- so cute- and I'm not a little dog person.  Pyx's favorite places are on his dog bed in the house, the desert, and the dog park. I love to watch Boxers play- it's so funny and they tire eachother out! Everyone says he's going to be a very big boy- atleast he minds well. I was wondering if anyone would still suggest obedience training if he already listens well (and loves to do tricks- probably for the treats...)? Good to be here!

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Welcome to the forum... we require lots of pics... of both pooches!

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Welcome to the forums..Look forward to seeing some pics of your baby....The reason I think that obedience classes are good is it allows your baby to interact with other dogs..Sometimes they learn from watching others as well....Having said that, I don't have any place close to me to take mine to classes, so I do my own training, such as it is  :)

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
welcome :D

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Welcome to the forum!  :D

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Welcome, obedience classes are wonderful, hope you can find one near you.  Also check out the training posts on the forum, there is some very good info there.

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Welcome from Texas - both of our kids are in class at Petsmart. It has worked well for us so far. Maybe you could skip the puppy beginner if he minds real well and go straight to an intermediate class.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts