Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!

Just a little about myself.  I'm a dog lover and Mom to 3 great Rottweilers! 8O
Yes you read right.  So what am I doing here you ask.  Well I have the pleasure of knowing two very special Boxers.  I have two friends that each own them and well I'm hooked, just don't tell the Rotty's ok! :wink:

I'm here to learn more about the breed.  I'd like to add a Boxer to my family, but not for sometime to come.  Three's a crowd and well four is just way to many for this old gal to handle. :lol:

Just a little more about myself.  I show dogs, train dogs and educate people regarding working breeds.  I've owned Rottys for 17 years and I do not breed.  BSL is a big thing with me and don't get me started on Puppy Mills.

I plan to stick around and learn a lot from all of you Boxer folks out there. So let's start my education! :D

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Welcome from Utah and glad your here.  We love new people and pictures of course, can't wait to see your babies.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Aloha from Hawaii.  

I'm a professional trainer as well as a Boxer (Hearing Service Dog and Certifed Therapy Dog) and Blind Bloodhound owner.  I'm in the process of training Penny (the Blind Bloodhound) for SAR Mantrailing.

Hope you to hear more about you.  Post pics of your babies!!!  We love pictures!!!

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
Howdy from Texas and welcome!
Our last puppy dog was half rott, half weimaraner.  He was soooo sweet.  But you just can't beat having a boxer!

Zhanna

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Hello and welcome!  :D

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ahh thanks for the warm welcome even though I'm not a boxer owner...YET!

Here's my current crew.

Both Mia and Madison will be 6 this October and Moses is 13 months old. These pictures was taken over the summer.
Thanks for letting me share them with you.

I'm going to have to get some pictures of my adopted Boxer buddies to post on here as well. :D

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
What a gorgeous crew you have!  :D

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Welcome, your Rottys are awesome.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Welcome to all of you..Your Rotties are gorgous..Look forward to seeing pics of your "adopted Boxers" and we welcome your insights into training, showing and we all have your passion about educating regarding BYB's.....

·
Registered
149 Posts
welcome from texas! i've always wanted a rot! :) yours are gorgeous!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
How nice!  Thank you all for your sweet comments about my babies.  :D  HA!  90lbs+ babies, BUT they aren't as cute as all the Boxers I see on here. I'm loving all your signature lines with pictures they are awesome.

·
Registered
221 Posts
Welcome from Oklahoma! I am a previous Rottie owner - my female had to be PTS in April. She had a stroke at 13 years old. I lost my male in 2005 at 8 years old from bone cancer. I dearly loved these Rotties and it just broke my heart. I couldn't bring myself to get another one. So, I switched to Boxers which I used to have many years ago. I adopted an 8-month-old rescue about a month ago.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
sbudd\";p=\"26413 said:
Welcome from Oklahoma! I am a previous Rottie owner - my female had to be PTS in April. She had a stroke at 13 years old. I lost my male in 2005 at 8 years old from bone cancer. I dearly loved these Rotties and it just broke my heart. I couldn't bring myself to get another one. So, I switched to Boxers which I used to have many years ago. I adopted an 8-month-old rescue about a month ago.
I'm so sorry for your losses.  It's truly heart breaking to lose a companion and if I do say so a Rotty is just one of those breeds that once you've owned one your heart is there's.  I don't blame you one bit for avoiding another one.  My Moses is sick.  My little show prospect was born with a congenital heart defect known as SAS (Short for sub aortic stenosis). He has a grade 3 heart murmur, has to take beta blockers for the rest of his days and is on exercise restriction.  It is heart breaking I understand completely.

·
Registered
221 Posts
RottsnBox - I had to wait until I got home to see the pics of your babies. They are absolutely beautiful! Moses reminds me of my male I lost to cancer. {hugs} for all of them!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts