Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The police went to raid a house in Maryland.  I think it said they were banging on this couples door and then a few minutes later they heard 2 gun shots.  Come to find out the police shot and killed  the family's 6 year old Boxer and left without saying a word.  Also, it wasn't even the house they were suppose to be raiding.  The woman was soooo upset and crying.  She said she hasn't gotten an apology or anything from the officers.  The next day they went to the right house and arrested the man they were looking for.  Haven't heard anything on this story today.  Just wondering what is going to happen...if the officers will get in any trouble or something.  It's such a sad story.

·
Registered
526 Posts
that stinks! I would be suing the city right now...

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
I have heard stories where they get the wrong house and terrorize the people in them.  You would think they would be more careful, stake the house out first or something.  They should get sued.

·
Registered
933 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh and they had the address.  The numbers were very visable on the correct house!  Obviously they didn't pay very good attention.

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Thats just terrible!! My heart goes out to the woman and her family!! Stories like this just tick me off to say the least! I would sue the SH*T out of them!!

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
that is soo sad! that poor family-i agree i would be suing. I am not a sue happy person, but that was completly uncalled for

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
I just looked up the story online. They held the couple for 45 minutes terrorizing them, even though it was stated they knew they had the wrong house right away. and after 45 minutes is when they shot the dog, who was in the back yard, barking. the guy who shot her, said he feared for his life....

Why...after knowing they were in the wrong house, would they continue to harass these people, not let them use the bathroom, and even after they killed the dog, they wouldn't let the woman go to the yard to hold her.

Every officer in that house should be fired. Then the family should sue the city for as much as they can.

·
Banned
2,318 Posts
that is disgusting.and these are the people who are supposed to protect and serve....

·
Registered
839 Posts
That is so sad!!! I would be getting an attorney and suing the city, the police officer, and anyone else that was involved. When a police dog gets shot and killed they charge whoever did it with murdering an officer, so why can't they charge an officer with murder of a family member when they Shoot a dog that is a family member?

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
OMG, how awful for those people. If the Boxer was in the backyard, unless the cops went out there, how could he have posed any kind of threat? I would be screamiing at someone for something to be done about that..Heck I would probably be in jail for attacking the cop that shot my dog..

G

·
0 Posts
better a 6 year old boxer than a 6 year old child...i've heard stories of kids who get caught in the crossfire and they are the casualities..I would be suing...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts