Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

I have a question.  My little boxer pup Butchie has been with us for a week now (he is a rescue, and is only 5-6 weeks old), and up until last night, has been a perfect gentleman as far as crying goes.  I have the corner of my bedroom next to my side of the bed sectioned off for him as a sleeping area.  Last night however, he cried on and off ALL night!!  I tried everything I could think of...I took him outside to rule out potty issues, I tried giving him a toy to sleep with, I even changed the blanket to a softer, more cuddly one.  Eventually at 3.45am he settled down and went to sleep, only to wake up again at 7am.  My question is this.....I understand that most young puppies will do this for the first night or two, but why after a week, did he suddenly start?  I moved my bedroom furniture around yesterday, could this have something to do with it?

Thanks in advance....

Sleep deprived Ley & Butchie x

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
That is possible, the certainly sense change.  Alot of times it is extra energy too.  Make sure to give him a good play session before it is bedtime and get him tired! They have on and off days/nights.  Hopefully it will not last though.   :p

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Also, he is very young as well...It very well could be that he is just now starting to miss mom & littermates...Take a hot water bottle, wrap a towel around it and put it in with him at nite. A ticking clock also works well too. Oh, I do feel for you, but be patient, Butchie will adjust.. Bad days & good days like Sharon said...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the advice :)

I'm hoping last night was just a restless night for my little guy.  I'll see if the hot water bottle idea works....I did manage to resist the temptation to just cuddle him all night long (although it was tough! lol)  Going to try and wear him out this afternoon too!

Ley xxxx

1 - 5 of 5 Posts