Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it's been over a week now and Logan will be 9 weeks tomorrow and he is becoming quite the nipper. We are telling him no biting and "easy" and it works sometimes but there a couple times a day that he gets a hyper spirt and he does not listen. We try to play with the toys, instead. A little barking has started. I'm sure this is normal any advise on when the nipping stops and the best way to correct it?

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Any time he nips, yelp very loudly.  This mimics what other pups would do if the bite is unacceptable.   At least that's what I have heard...

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
Sadie is also going through this faze. I wish I had a quick solution myself! I think that keeping consistent with the "ouch"! and no bite will eventually teach her that nipping is not a good thing. I would love some other suggestions as well! We have also tried the  diverting with a toy to try to get her to bite that instead...I think it takes a while.  :doh:

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
It's definitely a puppy thing..Just keep at it, also re-direct his attention to a "good thing" to bite, like a Nylabone or a Kong....Yelping does seem to work well, so I would make a point of that and turn your back, don't pay him attention...

Here's a post also that has some more info that you may find helpful

http://www.boxerforums.com/modules.php? ... pic&t=2148

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good to know it's normal, I just want to "Nip" it in the butt as early as possible. I will check that site out. Thank you sooo much.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts