Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When Lola was little she would constantly nip at our hand and feet to get us to play.  She eventually outgrew that.  However, the past 2 weeks she's been at it again.  This time just the hands, and not only when she wants to play but constantly.  For instance, last night when I came home from work she did the butt wiggle, jumping around, excited to see me as usual....then she started nipping at my hands, grabing the sleeves of my sweater.  I said no and walked away.  Then last night we had a bad thunder & lighting storm so we let her sleep in the bed with us because she was wondering around the house whining at midnight which is not like her.  Anyways, she was laying in the bed nipping and biting and licking our hands.  It got to the point where I almost put her in her kennel, but she finally settled and fell asleep.  What is going on here?  Why is she nipping again....and how do I nip this in the butt once and for all!?!
Thanks!

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
I don't know the answer to that one - Kane did the same thing when we first got him, but it was always when he was playing.  We stopped it by ignoring him and yelling ouch like Liz said to do, but lately he does it again.  He and Sophie play very hard and to me it seems as though they are both being very agressive - although he does lay down and assumes the submissive position and invites her to play by bowing.  I never see large pupils or hair standing on their backs, and try to watch the warning body language signs - but, he still will grab hold every once in a while and we just yell no and ouch and ignore, but it still hurts.  Sorry this is so long, and I haven't helped you at all, but will be interested in the answers to why they do this.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts