Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Minus a few teeth but she did well at her dental.  Yay! :dance:   I took her in early this morning and picked her up late in the afternoon.  Her teeth are pearly white now and will be ready for her close up in a few days after the extraction points heal a little. They had to pull her 2 premolars(2 teeth directly behind canines on top) on both sides so she lost 4 teeth total.  The roots were very exposed and the doc said they weren't very healthy so they had to come out.  

She is acting ok but not as bouncy.  Every once in a while I will catch her standing very still with her head hanging down so I can tell she is still feeling it a little.  I gave her a full can of Canidae Chicken and rice and watered it down a little for dinner.  I know I said I prefer Chicken soup but I buy all good brands of canned food to change things up a little.  I thought the chicken and rice would be easy on her stomach if she was feeling the anestheia at all.

We have 4 days of pain meds(Metacam).  She had a stitch where the teeth were pulled but they will desolve on their own.  I have a tooth brush and paste for her and I am hoping that with adding a few raw meals her teeth will stay nice and she won't need any more pulled.

And the best news is.....

Her breath is 1000% better!!  I would give her a kiss but I know where that mouth has been :lol:

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Aww, glad it went well..I bet she's just feeling out of sorts from all that....Give Nita a big hug for me and she will be back to normal really soon I bet

·
Registered
882 Posts
AAWW Glad to hear it went well for Nita....I'm so happy to hear she has pearly whites again, and of course no more bad breath :lol:

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Glad to hear all went well at the "dentist". Hope Nita makes a good recovery and now you can breathe easy... :lol:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here are a few recovery pics.

I'm tired, I'll take a nap.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

Just kidding....Let me out.  Pwease?

·
Registered
882 Posts
AAwww poor Nita, she looks exhausted....Gaby sends some healing vibes and kisses her way :)

G

·
0 Posts
wow...she stays under blankets?  mine will for maybe 1 sec!  I'm so glad she's doing well!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks everyone for the well wishes.  Nita is getting lots of lovin' and spoiling tonight.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Tink says "I feel your pain, Nita".  She had to have her two bottom front teeth out a few weeks back.

That last photo is so cute - she's the picture of misery!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts