Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Hey, new to this site.

I have a 10 year old Boxer, Roxy.

Her appetite is at about 30% of what it used to be.

We did blood work, ultra sound, x-ray, bile acid, and urine test.

At the begining it looked like liver disease, now the vet is not sure what the problem may be.

I'm just looking to get some ideas as to why her appetite is so poor???

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
64 Posts
How long has this problem been happening? My boxer goes through spurts when he has no appetite for a couple weeks, eating not even half of what he usually does, then other times he is ravenous, and just cant get enough.  Do you have any other dogs in the house? If mine eats at the same time as our other dog, he gobbles his food like crazy.  Also, is she on a set schedule? Such as 2 or 3 times a day or do you set the food out for her to nibble on all day?  A set schedule may help if you are not already doing it. When mine doesn

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
KymP,

Thanks for your reply, advice and good wishes.

Roxy has been like this for about a month, and she is loosing weight, good thing she has some to lose I guess!!

We have been feeding her via syringe, we mix up a variety of ingredients, rice, dry dog food,hamburger,eggs,gravy and after she wont eat this we mulch it up with some water and feed her with a syringe. We even tried feeding her a roasted ham, fried hamburger, peanut butter, no luck. She is interested but she wont eat. I'm afraid this is more than her loosing interest in food. And she is the only dog in the house.

Jaro.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Jaro,

I'm sorry to hear that. Well, I

1 - 4 of 4 Posts