1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,573 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Super Moderator
7,025 Posts
I get a ton of inquiries from the East Coast because Ontario still allows docking. This doesn't surprise me at all....

I believe that only Ontario and Alberta still allow tail docking. It will soon be Canada wide.

·
Registered
5,085 Posts
Hmm ... most likely those puppies are gonna be more expensive than originally planned???
Given a choice ... I also prefer a dock tailed Boxer. I'd never seen an undocked Boxer?? Until my first Boxer and Buddies event and my first dog there. Tic Tack Toe had a natural tail and it looked a little odd to me ... but,it changed nothing about him. He was still all Boxer ... after a few minuets with him I forgot all about the long tail! :)

That said ... I'm glad I'm not a Dobbie guy!! An undocked, natural tail Dobbie ... I don't think I could handle that look! A double standard at best I suppose. :)

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
Yep me too, I prefer the docked look.. on rottweilers too. My brother had a german shorthaired pointer whose tail didn't get docked. It was a pain forever her tail would knock you and everything else over in the house and it wasn't good out in the field either.

·
Registered
5,085 Posts
I have several beautiful tailed beasties ❤ I can't even picture them docked. It's funny how quickly you get used to it.
LOL ... yeah it's true! :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts