Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,856 Posts
I think it is hyperkeratosis. Our boxer has it. He gets what appears to be extra dry skin on his nose that gets dry and looks like it will peel off. We tried several home remedies, nose butter, vaseline. They help a bit. This last time the vet prescribed something different which appears to work. I will ask my daughter later and repost as she probably knows which med it is.

·
Registered
3,856 Posts
OK what she is using on our guys nose is called Solva-Ker Gel. It seems to work quite well. The hyperkeratosis doesn't go away for good so when she sees it starting up she applies the gel and it doesn't get bad.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you so much for the rapid reply! We really appreciate you taking the time to get us the information. Warm regards, Jake’s Mom

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Zuke had it on the black part at the top of his nose. Never extended past it. It was basically a ridge of dried black skin that would flake off. Not sure its as bad as your pups. I used, and still use Boxer Nose Butter by the Blissful Dog. It worked great for him. I just followed the directions and it cleared up in a week.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts