Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
7,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The ASPCA is having its annual Humane Awards program. "If you know a fabulous feline or a precious pooch with a knack for saving human lives, or a HEROIC HUMAN WHO HAS IMPROVED THE LIVES OF ANIMALS, the ASPCA wants to hear from you."
Nominations begin on April 1,2008 and the deadline for entries is July 15, 2008. Go to www.aspca.org/nominate.
Maybe some of our rescue peeps might show up there.
The winners will be invited to attend the Humane Awards Luncheon on Thursday, October 30, 2008 at the Rainbow Room in New York City, where the awards will be presented.
I'm thinking somebody should nominate grammie: I don't know her particulars...anyone??

try this link: http://www.aspca.org/site/PageServer?pagename=hal_other

G

·
0 Posts
haha talking behind my back lol!!!  samsonsaunt just pm'd me about this.

all i can say is you guys are TOO sweet!  there are ppl that have devoted their lives to rescue for decades.  i'm just small potatoes!!

i just love grammi'n up the babies!!!!!!  ALL of them!

thanks for being so sweet though guys!!

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
All in favor for Grammie???

·
Banned
2,318 Posts
'I'!!!!!  :D

·
Banned
7,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes, everyone can nominate her. I didn't have a lot of info about her work with rescue, so I just said what I've learned on here. She works with Red Dirt Rescue, right?

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
When I clicked on the link it said page not found.

·
Banned
7,576 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Barbs2Ks\";p=\"125021 said:
When I clicked on the link it said page not found.
That isn't an exact link. I typed it in while reading from the ASPCA newsletter. I know, lazy me!!

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
" I " ...most definately I I I I I I I I so agree lol

whooop whoop for Grammie :D :D :D

G

·
0 Posts
haha there you go talking about me again!!!  :rofl:

i can't win b/c then i'd have to go to new york and have my picture taken!!! lol  i hate having my picture taken and LOVE digital cameras  - click/delete haha

you guys are sweet though!!

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
Well if you dont want us to do enter you then why dont we give you the "Boxer Rescuer of the Month" award??

I just came up with that....he.he.

G

·
0 Posts
lol!!!  

i get so excited hearing everyones rescue stories, from those they've rescued, fostered, those interested in fostering, transport, ppl that donate $ and supplies....and those unsung rescuers that you never hear about....

i love encouraging ppl to do what they are able where they are and we ALL do that :)

paul and i just happen to be available more than most, because we don't have jobs to go to anymore, no little children in the house, we're here 24/7, have a great dog friendly town in a great state where ppl go out of their way to help others in need.  we are just so blessed to be ABLE to help out at this point in our lives.

there are many far more deserving, and i'm not being modest at all.  look at hanna banana with her cookies and all the things she does for fundraising for boxer rescues.  everyone does their part if they are able.  

that's what makes this forum so great!! we all adore the breed and wouldn't hesitate to help any dog or forum member!  

so if you want to do an award, it would have to be for everyone!!  how about an appreciation award for all the members?  

haha - aren't you sorry you asked!!

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
ok how about a monthly appreciation award..that month of a rescue,foster,etc etc ??

G

·
0 Posts
yeah that would be great!  there are so many talented and giving ppl on this forum :)

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
What a wonderful idea Ky.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts