Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sooo I see all these fun pics of boxers lying on top of one another. Snuggling. Getting as close as possible to their boxer siblings as possible.

And then there's my Lucy. When her sister snuggles up to her, she almost always gets up and goes somewhere else. She only really tolerates it when she's snuggled up with me. She's good with a family dog pile ?

Now these girls really love each other and play well. Lucy just doesn't seem to have that typical boxer attitude about dog snuggles. The attached photo was taken right before she moved to the other dog bed. Of course, Layla is kind of a bully and was really trying to take over the bed. It just looks like a cute bonding moment ?

Or maybe she's breedist because she's wants to be all over my mom's boxer. I've never seen her get half as excited about other dogs as she does other boxers.

Does anyone else have a pup who acts this way?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
We have a male like that who wouldn't snuggle as a puppy, and was off exploring the house instead of looking for our company! I guess he was the first to escape of his litter, and off exploring rather then playing with litter mates. When we got the female he has seemed to learn a little since she is very snuggly! You can't get a kiss ever, he just presents his back to be rubbed. He used to down his sister, and case her.

I think he's the "Doc Martin" of Boxers, the big poop. He is a serious alpha who seems to be in dedicated to keeping all members of our household together and safe. He won't go out the door until the last member of the household has gone before him. He lets his younger sibling have the best spot, and drink from the water bowl first. A real gentlemen, but no snuggles.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts