Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dukes nose has been crusty for a couple months now and i put burt bees nose cream on it everyday. It seems to be improving but very slowly. How could this be fixed?

·
Registered
621 Posts
My female has that I did have her thyroid levels checked and she is fine its a dry nose my Vet told me to use regular Vaseline to treat it just rub in on.

·
Registered
44 Posts
maybe i just got sold on their advertising... but i found and use a product called "snout soother". is made by a company called natural dog company. you can google them to find and read about product.

the other suggestions made by others may work just as well... i just never tried them so don't have experience. the "snout soother" definitely works though... one of my guys has a really bad dry nose. this helps it, but it doesn't permanently fix it. you have to keep applying. probably would have to do the same with any moisturizing product. i do a few dabs and rub all over his nose every 2-3 days, but had to do more frequently in the beginning.

if anyone knows a permanent fix i'm all ears as well !

·
Registered
194 Posts
I've had (slow) success using "Musher's Secret" on Spike's nose. It's a balm meant for a dog's foot pads, but it's also safe for their nose.

It's a wax-based balm, IIRC. You don't need a whole lot per application and it's much less "goopy" than Vaseline. Since it's meant to be applied with your fingers, I feel that it's less annoying, for the dog, for you to apply it vs. some of the "harder" Chap-Stick style remedies.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
I'v always used The Blissful Dog Nose Butter and had good results.

I do use Mushers Secret on his paws but never thought of using it for his nose.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts