Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
poor car   :(

got into a six car fender bender.  someone thought it would be a good idea to slam on their brakes in the middle of the freeway.  i've only had this car since august    :cry:

hubby isn't too happy with me   :oops:

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
oooooooooooooooooooooo thats aweful....ditto...are YOU ok?

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Yeah that is a sucky way to start the day. As long as you are alright, that's all that matters!

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
I never did understand those people who break on the freeway. and the person  at the start of a 10 mile long traffic jam. what the heck are they doing?

Sure hope you feel ok in the morning. you might want to take a hot bath tonight, just in case you get sore tomorrow. :(

·
Registered
882 Posts
ya I'd say that's a pretty crappy start to your day....you must be ok other than a little shaken up though, and I hope Binga and Bear were not in the car with you...

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks guys!  and yes i'm fine.  i know i will probably be sore because my neck already is a little bit.  i hit pretty hard.  the airbag didn't go off thank goodness.  i think those cause even more damage to your face.

and no there weren't any boxer doggies in the car.  Binga has a seatbelt though so she wouldn't go anywhere  :)  and bear is still little so he has a crate.

the hubby is better now.  he knows that those things happen.  he keeps ragging on me though   :roll:

i always wonder too why the person at the front of the line was slamming on their breaks.  i never did find out.  it happened right on the other side of a bridge close to an on ramp.  someone probably cut someone else off.  who knows!

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Glad to hear you are OK, sorry about the car; makes it feel worse when you have only had it for awhile.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Glad you are okay!  Car can be replaced and hubby will come around!

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
I sell insurance and I always tell people:  Cars can be replaced, people can't!  Hope your alright, and if it was a 6 car fender bender, then obviously nobody was giving an adequate stopping distance.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
nope.. not enough space between any cars.  it happened right on the other side of a bridge.  its like i went over the bridge and there it was.  there are fender benders in that same spot all the time.  they are constantly doing construction and there is no shoulder right now.  if there would have been a shoulder i would have had somewhere to go   :(

today on the way to work i was driving like ten car lengths behind other cars.  i was kinda nervous.  (i am borrowing my mother-in-law's car)

made me realize how much i loved my SUV...  i could never go back to driving a small car.  felt weird!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts