Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, Ashley is now a 5 month old BRAT..seriously..yesterday..I was glad to leave home for a bit, because she has seemingly "fogotten" all her comands.
We now have "counter surfing" Barking ( sassing back ), peeing 2 times in front of the door ( she JUST had gone out! ) not coming on command....play growling at me if I pick up her toys, and scratching me with those awfull long nails. Chasing the cats..eating THEIR food..no matter how high I put it. And running around like she is insane....and our nice "walk" last night has given me the WORST sore muscle in my arm..we made it about 10 steps..then would have to do the sit command ..and then maybe 10 more and she was lunging to the end of her lead AGAIN... needless to say..we made it 1/2 block in an 1/2 hour..and I turned around....( she is almost 40 lbs..and coming up on half my weight..and I just can't do it )
OMG..I was so upset with her....I used to laugh at people going through this at her age..now I have joined the crowd..( right now..she is being ignored..which she hates! ) as she tried to jump on my lap in the study..and take the tie off my robe and run away with it...
Has my sweet little girl been POSESSED??? I am no longer laughing at what y'all have gone through..I just don't remember my 4 others EVER being this naughty!!

·
Registered
526 Posts
thats a puppy for you... its a trial yes... they are alot like kids.. just keep the discipline going and she will get out of this phase

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Where in Texas are you and your family ?? I'm gonna drop her off till she gets over this little rebelion stage!!!

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Maybe if I made her RUN all that way she would revert....I just wondered if she fell and struck her head making her senseless this week ( kidding..I love her..especially when she is ASLEEP! )

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Glad maverick started this a little later but he is doing this now also. He chases the cat CONSTANTLY now and wont listen when i tell him no...he eats his food and his cat litter...he jumps on me and thinks im playing when im cleaning etc...Gosh i feel for you. One thing ive started doing which has had some good results is tethering. When he was younger Willow suggested that i tether him to myself or something near me when he was potty training to make it so he didnt have full roam but also wasnt crated. It worked wonders and he hates being tethered now that he is a big boy. I tethered him in the living room and ignored him the other night for a few mins when he was being bad then let him off..if he continued the behavior he got tethered again...he got the message that night after a couple times. Im going to keep doing this until he decides he remembers his manners.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have heard this on here before..NO..which seems to be the word of the week becomes like a broken record to them after a while...It sure appears that way this week...so I too am going to do the ignore method. Little brat after peeing on the tile in the kitchen by the door last night took one of her toys..ran full blast, and jumped on the bed..and put her front paws out and growled at me, shaking her toy....You would think she is mistreated in the playtime area..but NOOOO she takes my whole day!! Oh the love of owning a stubborn mule like her..everyone send me some PATIENCE!!!! :roll:

·
Registered
3,671 Posts
Aww....I hope Ashley gets her act together real soon lol. Its like you going backward instead of forward sounds like a new puppy...Its just the age it will pass :) *Hugs*

I can always send Bubba to tell her to knock it off LOL...When Dixie is doing something wrong he will give her THAT look like what the heck you doing ? LOL...Or he will put his paw on her n push her away or down  :lol:

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
SEND him!!! lol..only problem is you might not get that handsome boy BACK!!..Oh..well why don't you just send Dixie too..then Bubba can wrangle them at the same time!! :lol:

·
Registered
3,671 Posts
AshleysMom\";p=\"111053 said:
SEND him!!! lol..only problem is you might not get that handsome boy BACK!!..Oh..well why don't you just send Dixie too..then Bubba can wrangle them at the same time!! :lol:

HAHA thanks :) ...you just want all of them! Id love to meet that pretty Ashley of yours too!! You hafta post new pics of her!!!! Hows her ears doing?

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'll go see if I can snap a picture of DEMON dog right now for ya... Then you can see the funky way I have to post the one tip...she looks like an amputee!

·
Registered
3,671 Posts
AshleysMom\";p=\"111058 said:
I'll go see if I can snap a picture of DEMON dog right now for ya... Then you can see the funky way I have to post the one tip...she looks like an amputee!
Awww! Demon dog LOl...Cant wait to see pics of her!

·
Registered
3,671 Posts
Oh my goodness! Shes is so beautiful even with the funky ear taping!!! I can only imagine having 3 play at once LOL! How much longer do you think ( lol ) of the ear taping?

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well..the vet said <groan> a tipping over like she had can take up to their first YEAR of life to get stance.. I do let it down about every other day ( for an hour or so to let it air out )..but its not having much success so, I am betting were are looking at at least a month if not more.
Don't get me wrong..I KNEW what commitment this was going to be..I just feel sorry for her looking all silly with the taping
:(

·
Registered
3,671 Posts
AshleysMom\";p=\"111078 said:
Well..the vet said <groan> a tipping over like she had can take up to their first YEAR of life to get stance.. I do let it down about every other day ( for an hour or so to let it air out )..but its not having much success so, I am betting were are looking at at least a month if not more.
Don't get me wrong..I KNEW what commitment this was going to be..I just feel sorry for her looking all silly with the taping
:(

Aww...hopefully it wont be too much longer...and you Ashley can show hers ears loud and proud lol! But you know what...you def. show committment...i know ive seen lots of boxers where the owners just get sick of it and they just dont care. My feelings on that is if your gonna crop the ears...that stick to your side of the bargain...i guess people dont listen, and realize its gonna be a piece of cake. But on a better note Ashley is so pretty :)

·
Registered
494 Posts
She is gorgeous!!!  She has this look like yeah go ahead and take my picture!!  LMAO!!  Anyway I have the counter surfing thing going on as well, hubby put a rubber band ball on the counter yesterday (way in the back) and Herbie swiped it and headed down the hall until I yelled " Drop it", but I have a squirt bottle so if I am accross the room I wack him once and tell him "off" seems to be working right now.

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
TY so much..she is quite the doggie huh?? I still would take your two in a heartbeat though  :lol:
Yes..I can't understand putting your baby through a SURGICAL proceedure..shelling out hundreds of dollars, and expecting some kind of miracle....Its WORK..and the show crop...TWICE the work..but she will soon be standing..and if anyone says anything about the taping..I just tell them we had an accident with the scissors..they look at me like I'm crazy..but hey..I have had people already ask if she got them BIT when I had to tape both of them..Grrrrrrrr

1 - 20 of 31 Posts