Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well idk why, but I am obsessed with collars, I cant stop buying them LOL. Well tommorow I want to get Popeye and Hazel matching collars and leashes, (probably blue for popeye, and pink for hazel LOL) But I dont know what size to get, as I want them to fit once they are full grown as well. I want something like this -.
, cause if its too big now I can just have hubby punch a new hole in it, but I dont know what size will fit them when theyre full grown.

·
Registered
948 Posts
I just buy a million collars as they grow!! lol I got just Mia, Toby and Mia's brother Hudson matching collars.. The colored ones with shiney silver paw prints.. lol Pink for Mia, Blue for Toby, and Black for Hudson. I love them all!! I'll buy new ones as Mia gets bigger..

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
LOL, thats what i do too. I got Hazel a VERY sparkley hot pink one last week. its so cute! But I cant stop!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Tyson and Brick have had their spiked leather Harley Davidson collars for about a year now  :lol: . Think the best thing about them other than the quality construction was the fact that the spikes were more rounded off and not quite so sharp like alot of other collars. Which made them much more tolerable when they come up and rub against your leg or something like that  8O Wasnt able to find another one for kaydie =( so i got her a nylon harley collar, the orange looked good with her brindle color though ;) They've all been through alot of collars, kaydie and her pink sparkles and lil gemmed collars the the gems  fell off of every time you turned around Lol.. Fun stuff ;)

·
Registered
948 Posts
You know what.. Collarmania.com is great!! They do custom collars and I'm waiting til Mia is full grown to get one for her!

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
We bought the Hamilton brand at petsmart for Odin... it's very durable... it lasted from when he was 8wks old... to 6 months old. We were really happy... $9 well spent. Hubby bought him a plain leather collar... it should also last a while... though we do KNOW he still has LOTS of growing.

I bought Nikki a collar from walmart while I was in TX and within a month it was fuzzy and frayed so I went and bought her a pink hamilton collar and it's doing GREAT!

I'm not sure what brand Kyrie's is but it was pink with bones and hearts on it at petsmart so I HAD TO GET IT! It seems like it gets dirty easy and won't last as long. When they are full grown we'll put some money into some REALLY NICE collars... but those hamilton collars worked very nicely!!!

·
Registered
627 Posts
I just buy them new collars as they grow out of them.  I just went to the store today and bought all my babies new collars.  Pink for Roxy, blue for Astro, and purple for Jersey...for when she gets here.  I may be a little wierd, but I also made them all ID tags that are the same colors as each of their collars.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Hey I picked out the pink one with paws on it already.  I'm waiting till she's bigger.  Right now she's wearing a black one with shiny bones and paws on it.

Whoever uses Harley Davidson... my DH tried talking me into using that one and I would of, if Maggie was a boy lol.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Yeah, I just get them new ones as they get older. Macy is full grown now at 50 lbs so she gets a medium, but Guido is 75 lbs so he gets a large.

They get pretty gross after a while so that's why I like to replace them. Plus I get tired of seeing the same one all the time.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
LOL, now thats cute! I actually didnt get any good ones yet, that I really like - still on the search lol

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
That is really unique and I love the pink - favorite color.  Thanks for the link to the collars too.  You know we all love spoiling our babies rotten.

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Flutterby\";p=\"24327 said:
I just buy a million collars as they grow!! lol I got just Mia, Toby and Mia's brother Hudson matching collars.. The colored ones with shiney silver paw prints.. lol Pink for Mia, Blue for Toby, and Black for Hudson. I love them all!! I'll buy new ones as Mia gets bigger..
That is exactly what I am doing with Vega, cheap and does the trick till she is close to full grown. That is when I am getting her the collar of her dreams :pray:  

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
I got Tyson a Chicago Cubs collar, but it's too big for him right now.  So unitl he grows into it, he just has a plain black one now, I know, boring.  

Girl puppies have so much more fun things to wear.  I wish I could buy Tyson a pink sparkly collar, but I don't think he would like that!

·
Registered
343 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
LOL, one time I had to use a pink leash for popeye, and IMO he was none to happy about it, lol

1 - 20 of 20 Posts