Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Little Miss Maddie is tiny and so delicate or so it seems to me, and she also seems determined to self destruct!

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
ok...My advice...Breath in.....breath out....

Now....

WELCOME TO THE WORLD OF BOXER OWNERSHIP!!!!! :D   LOL!!! :lol:

They are a rough and tumble breed.  They have a VERY high tolerance for pain.  Something you can do is called the "Umbilical Cord" method.  Put a lead on her and let her drag it around for a few days...Then attach it to a loop of your pants and she is officially tethered to you.  This will make it easier for you to watch her and will help with housebreaking.

Please see my post on "Normal Boxer play and Appropriate Play Training for your Boxer" in the Training Section.  Thepost was from yesterday...

Have fun!!!  And Officially...Welcome to our world!!!!   :D

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Welcome to the forum and we look forward to hearing all about your little girl.  How old is Maddy?  Great ideas here and lots of people to help you - like Liz!!!

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Liz gave you some great advice, including the breathing...Boxer pups are pretty tough really..No reason to treat them like china..I also have found that keeping them attached to you with a leash works well, plus it gives them a chance to get used to wearing one....

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
Welcome to the forum and to Boxer ownership! I know how you feel about the worrying thing...I do a little too  much of it myself. But what Liz said is so true, just breath! They are so crazy and get into the most random things but they are tough little ones. Good luck and we love pics, so if you have any I'd love to see little Maddy.

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
She is such a sweetie!!! I love her little face, you must just want to kiss it all day long. How did you get her to hold still??  :lol:  :lol: She looks like she is posing! What is your secret? LOL She is just adorable. How old?

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
OMG she is sooooo cute!  Those are really good pictures of her too.  Thanks for sharing - we love pictures!!

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
It's funny because whenever I turn my camera on it makes a noise (the lense is focusing or something) so it ALWAYS distracts Sadie from whatever cute pose or action she may be doing at the time. Guess I need to buy a new camera!! Very cute pics, thanks for posting pics of your baby.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well I've been lucky, so far the noise from the camera just seems to hold her attention so she's looking at the camera.  She's my third boxer, but I haven't had a puppy in so long.  I'm torn between treasuring the time that she's tiny and adorable, and wishing she were already past that stage so I could stop worrying about her falling off furniture!

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Welcome, Maddy is so cute, can't wait to see more pictures.  You will love this forum, great people and lots of good info.

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
8O Isis still falls of the couch and bed..hahahaha

shes a cutie pie  :D

welcome  :D

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
It is nervewracking.  I can barely go to the bathroom without having to worry what he's doing.  The trust slowly grows though.  You start to figure out what they are capable of doing and their habits.  Really, the worst thing when I leave the room that Oggie does is pee on the floor. In the beginning that seemed like the worst thing in the world but really it's not the end of the world.  As long as he's slowly going outside more it's fine.  Just do your best to puppy proof the home and you'll have to watch to see what you missed (if you missed anything, they'll find it).   It can be very stressful but it gets a little easier every day.

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
OH she is a cutie...

When jessie was about 9 weeks old, she jumped off the couch and she fell awkwardly and she yelped, and then favored one of her legs for about 2 minutes... after i stopped being a hysterical mess... my bf was like shes fine, shes running around like nothing happened...

Then when she was older about 6 months... she ran from the door and tried to leap on to the couch and she boucned off the the couch and into the coffee table and i swear i thought she broke her back... 2mins later she was fine...

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
[quote="sully\";p=\"38800":2jb3zavn]

1 - 17 of 17 Posts