Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I went on craigslist today and kinda wishing I didn't now..I seen a post titled HELP NEEDED ASAP!! under the pets section, so of course I clicked on it..and my heart sank as soon as I began to read it. This husband and wife apparently adopted a 12 week old boxer from a kill shelter here in NY. They have only had him 2 weeks!!! and are looking to rehome him already or will be taking him back to the shelter due to him nipping and being too hyper?!!?!? I sent her an email trying to explain how to curb the nipping and how boxers are known to be hyper! This is the email she sent me..  I just sent her one back asking if there was anyway to take the hubby to the pound instead..I really tried to be nice!

Hi Shari,

I understand  everything you are saying but unfortunately my husband does not. All in all he is really a great puppy! He is doing excellent with his potty training and already is picking up some of the tricks I have taught him. I have grown to love this little man very much but my husband hasn

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Oh man, I don't know what to say Shari..Well, yes I do...Can we all say "do your research?" But to just give up after 2 weeks? I feel sorry for the wife, it's obvious that she has fallen for the little guy, but it sounds like hubby is being a real ass....Had to laugh about sending him back rather than the pup...Sounds good to me...I wonder what is going to happen

·
Registered
478 Posts
God I hate ppl sometimes...Before getting a dog or any kind you should really  do some research so u kno what ur getting. I cant believe them

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
OMG!! bunch of freakin idiots. who just goes in and gets a dog and then do that? talk about irrisponsibility!!!

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
A 12 week old boxer in a kill shelter just breaks my heart.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I wish we lived nearby, to help out.
Stupid humans!  Keep us posted.

·
Registered
78 Posts
[quote="boxerjessie\";p=\"30656":m2xo5jql]...Before getting a dog or any kind you should really

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I am already regretting sending that email to her about taking the hubby to the pound instead but I was so mad. Now she probably won't contact me again. I would take him in a minute before seeing him go back to the pound. Now this is going to be on my mind all day..I can't believe how some people can be so mean and inconsiderate.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Is there anyone on here that can foster him?  :(

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
On her post she made the location said Albany NY so I assume pretty close to there.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Lol Shari, well I can't say as I blame you. I'm just shaking my head at the iresponsibility involved...Like Vivianne said "dogs are not disposable" and like Lisa said, I find it odd that a 12 wk old is in a kill shelter! What in the world happened to this little guy?

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
Aww poor little pup, its not his fault  :(  I cant believe someone could just take him back, like its clothing that does not fit. So sad, some people are just stupid. RESEARCH' RESEARCH RESEARCH!!

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
All she said in her post was he was the only one left from a litter of 5..I sent her links to boxer rescues so if she doesn;t contact me again I sure hope she uses them instead of the pound.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
That is so sad...I look at my babies and try to imagine taking them back...and it makes me feel like I can't breathe...I will be praying she takes him to a rescue instead...there is NO excuse for returning him to the kill shelter...I can't believe the dang "Breeder" took him there to begin with...why not find a family who maybe can't afford purebred prices but would adore him?? I don't know...but, anything seems better then a kill shelter...

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
I agree.  When we first got Tyson, it was really hard to adjust, but I could never imagine giving him up!  He is family.  I guess the family that took in the puppy has no patience.  Sick.

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
Personally i feel that they are looking more forone of the more "lazy" breeds. Sadly with a pup they all have lots of energy. It almost seems like the husband thinks the dog is on  object that should only be there when wanted, but if not wanted at that moment then it doesnt exist.....kinda like with those who believe children should be "seen but never heard" Now i dont know bout the rest of you hwo have children, but daughter is ALWAYS heard :), but still behaves.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I dont think this forum would permit me to say what Id like too about some people, other than what has already been said. imo, its plain selfish, the husband doesnt like the puppy nipping him so he wants to get rid of it.........what the hell......read a bible or something!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts