Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Os so we finally got the girls completley seperated as far as making sure they both stayed in their own kennel. They shared a kennel to start and we have been getting them used to the thought of having their own. Well as of two nights ago when i come downstairs i find a mess in savannahs kennel!! two nights ago she had pee'd and poo'd in it, even though she had gone pee around 930 and had poo'd around midnight (my bf took them out when he got home), then last night she vomited in her kennel! it was more slimey with little pieces of food. i dont understand why she is doing this!! Is it a form of seperation anxiety since Reese isnt in the kennel with her? she only does this at night. When they are in their kennels during the day she is fine!!

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
It sounds like a bit of anxiety going on with her. Are the kennels side by side? Maybe if they were, that would help her a bit. That's about the only advice I can give about that. It's just really weird that she is okay during the day. I would try the side by side thing and see how she does with that.

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
awww poor pup...our lab did that the 2 nights Isis was at the vet...samething...

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
You know, I thought about that with Mic and Indy....but, I don't think we are going to seperate them at night...they have been together since birth other then the one week we had Mic before we decided to get Indy, too...and Mic was VERY lonely...in fact, we are wondering how to get them a dog house big enough for two...because I know if we buy to seperate dog houses, they won't go in either one, because they won't both fit! Hang in there...I'm sure Liz could tell you...but, I know she said it was a reaction to stress and seperation anxiety with my boys when I left town for a few days...

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
this sounds like seperation anxiety...where are the crates in your house?  if you put them in your room and slowly movethem to the other location that might help ... let me know somemore details and i can give more advice...

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well the kennels are side by side, but they are downstairs. i have no room in my bedroom to put both of the kennels up there. I would love to keep them upstairs with me when i sleep and not in the kennel, but at this point i cant because of Reese not being housetrained. Just when i get excited she will have an accident :) They both are downstairs and have both been there since we brought them home. The kennels have never been upstairsReese seems perfectly fine, it is just savannah. If there is some info i am not giving let me know. i would love to help solve her problem. do you think i should treat it as if she just came home and to the whole blanket that smells like reese thing?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts