Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

My girl Pepper came to us on on Purina Puppy Chow and I transitioned her to Nurto Ultra for puppies, At first her stools were soft which I expected for it being new to her system. After a week of soft stools, I started putting pumpkin in with one feeding per day and her stools seemed to firm back up. I did this for approx. 3 weeks then started to take away the pumpkin. I then noticed her stools started getting softer and softer then diarrhea. I did a bland diet for her as well then the stools firmed up, then reintroduced the food again and now loose diarrhea with blood in it I have bought blue buffalo and want to transition her. I have a vet appt too scheduled this week, I just want to know if anyone else has had a problem with this food?

·
Registered
3,793 Posts
You shouldn't keep switching foods it will upset her stomach/digestivie track. You should have slowly transitioned her to the new food, First week 25 % new/75% old, 2nd week 50/50, week 3 75% new /25% old week 4 all new.
I don't feel even with the stomach upset that there should be blood in the stool. Take a sample to the vet, she may have parasites.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I did slowly transition it took almost 2 weeks from puppy chow to Nurto. Maybe I should of did it for 4 weeks but at this point I don't know if it would make a difference. She went to the vet yesterday and she is negative for every thing. The vet suggested a grain free food, and she prescribed a probiotic for 10 days and we are now slowly transitioning to Taste of the Wild. Each feeding is 75% nurto and 25% totw. So I am hoping that with this change we see a difference. Thank you for the input on 4 week transition that is how I will do it this time. Vet said she is happy, healthy and still gaining weight so that makes me feel better!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts