Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ringer cut the side of his toe a while ago on a piece of glass on the sidewalk and it was healing funny so I went to the vet.  Got some antibiotics and a cleaning solution to soak his paw in and it started going away.  I was able to pull bits of it off after a while and it looked almost completely healed.  Well, it's back because his claw irritates the wound (you will see in the pics).  After talking to my regular vet, the antibiotics were a cop-out for the vet who initially saw Ringer for this.  I still have some of the solution left and am soaking it again.  I was wondering if anyone else has seen cuts heal like this around the toes.  Ringer has all kinds of cuts because he and Rudy play and this is the only one healing like this.
Ideas?

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
It actually looks like a proud flesh wound....and although horses are the number 1's on getting that dogs get it also.....if I were you I would see if your vet has a product called Granulex that works the best for healing these types of wounds.....it also is bitter tasting to deter licking....

Here is the product, but you would want the small bottle not the spray

http://www.pfizerah.com/product_overvie ... species=EQ

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, gals.  After looking the info up, it certainly sounds like the same thing.  Just waiting on a call back from the vet so he can prescribe the Granulex to me.  He's on top of things and won't require another visit.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Ouch..that looks painful Dan...Hoping Ringer heals real quick..How are him & Rudy doing by the way?

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Constant play that never seems to develop into aggression though it sometimes leads to a bit of humping.  Ringer seems happier and that's what I was looking for when getting another dog.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
well I have no experience with this in dogs, but a horse of mine had a huge coaster sized chunk taken out of his face by a pony and it developped some proud flesh, and it took about 2 weeks to fully get rid of that (much longer for it to fully heal)...of course this was with a horse, on his face not his foot, it was a much larger wound and I used a different product haha:D  I was just looking for a picture to gross everyone out with, but I think I lost all of them on my old computer haha, this was the horse though!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts