Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,327 Posts
Odin is so smart. How long did it take to teach him all those tricks..Maverick can only do sit and down so far lol...oh and recall but odin can do a ton!

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks everyone!! I haven't done "back up" in forever... I'm surprised I even got him to do it!! lol Well most of them we learned over at the Puppy Education class that PetSmart has. It was 8 weeks long (once a week) I think and we learned one to two tricks each class. Though they didn't teach "Back up". When we got Nikki and Kyrie... my amount of time spent training him was reduced drastically. Along with being HUGE and prego... but we're getting back into the grove again. I love that he knows "leave it" but I have a hard time getting him to do it if I leave it on his nose. Guess it just smells TOO GOOD! LOL I'm also working on "speak". He back talks ALL THE TIME... but wen I actually try and give him a treat for doing it... the crazy pup doesn't say a word!!!!? Psycho!!

He's known all the tricks since he was about 6 months old... so I feel really behind now that he's 10 months and doesn't really know any new ones! I've been such a bad mommy!! He's really good at these though!! OH... I can get him to lay down while he waits for me to feed him and not rush to the bowl without me giving the okay! I think that's pretty good considering he always ask like he's starving!! LOL

Okay... so this got too long... LOL I'm shutting up now!  :lol:

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
hahaaaaaaaaaaa i loved that !!! love the back up..and then i had to watch Odin complaining hehe
thats was too cute !!!!!!!!!!!

we wuff you Odin !!!

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
That's wonderful!  Henry will "leave" almost anything, but I don't think he'd leave a treat that was right beside him!
Odin is looking good!  How big is he now?

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Wow Odin! Such a good boy, and very handsome I might add!  :D

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Odin is doing great with his tricks and he is looking so good.  I love how he catches the treats.

G

·
0 Posts
WOW...and I was happy that Jetta could sit, lay, stay, high five, etc..lol...he's huge...he makes Bo look like a dwarf...or one of those male figure skaters, lol

·
Registered
893 Posts
Great tricks what a smart boy and handsome to boot. how did you teach the crawl? love that trick.

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
lulu\";p=\"61736 said:
Great tricks what a smart boy and handsome to boot. how did you teach the crawl? love that trick.
If you keep the treat really low on the ground and drag it along the floor away from her when she's in the "down" she should automatically try to stay low to the ground to get the treat...therefore "crawling"..ha

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Zhanna...
I'm not sure his height and it's been about a month since I've weighed him... but he weighed in at 65lbs... for being 9 months old. Now he's 10 months almost 11... I really need to check his height... I'm quite interested... just can't find the measuring tape.

Aqua...
LOL That's hilarious! I always think Odin is a BIG boy... then we go to the dog park and the other boxers there always top him... so I don't know anymore... LOL

Lulu...
That's how they taught us at the class. To put them in the down position and place the treat against the floor near their nose. Slowly glide it across the floor and say "crawl" JUST ONCE. The second the move just a BIT... reward and praise... keep doing it... they'll just get better and further along! GOOD LUCK!!

·
Registered
977 Posts
He's so obediant - really cute!! V will do a lot for food (usually all at once and in any order :roll: ) but i prefer to do tricks outside because he does drool overkill.

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
caillou\";p=\"61913 said:
He's so obediant - really cute!! V will do a lot for food (usually all at once and in any order :roll: ) but i prefer to do tricks outside because he does drool overkill.
LOL "drool overkill"!! LOL LOVE IT. I remember you posted a pic of him and he had this drool bubble and drool string just on the one side of his face!! SOOOOO CUTE!!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts