Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We were playing fetch with Odin and a rubber newspaper, when he brought it back, I noticed the rubber newspaper was a bit bloody... upon further examination, Odin is missing both top canine teeth... he's about 4-months old.  He's not spurting blood out at a crazy rate... just got holes where his canines used to be...

Is this normal?  Is this his "baby teeth" he just lost, or did something serious just happen?

·
Registered
948 Posts
Yes.. It's his baby teeth.. Toby started at 4 1/2 months (along with the humping) and he looked like a toothless old man!! He lost all 4 at once! He almost didn't look like a dog.. but a cow..  8O  The big ones will come in soon! And usually.. the bigger the teeth, the more likely they are to bleed.. Toby's did but the front ones (the itty bitty tiny ones) never shed a speck of blood at all!

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the quick reply... Mastray called the vet and confirmed what we believed and you reassured... baby teeth coming out.

We kinda thought that, but didn't want to think it was normal and ignore it if it was something more serious.

Our Odin is becoming a man (oh... and he's starting to hump everything in sight too).

·
Registered
948 Posts
No problem!

I catch myself sitting here all the time with absolutely nothing to do..

·
Registered
245 Posts
Aww...Odin's getting to be a big boy now. I remember when Xena lost her first teeth I was playing with her and her toy and I just heard and saw a tiny object hit the floor. It sounded like a pebble but when I looked it was her tooth! No blood though its not unusual for there to be some blood. I was so happy when they started falling out....as cute as they are as puppies and as little as their teeth are, those tiny teeth are like razors!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts