Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mastray and I have eight fuzzy ferrets... well... 7 fuzzy ferrets, and one who's lost most of his hair...

Does this look normal to you for a ferret?

Just kidding... don't know where that came from, just saw it on the net... thought it was freaky...

Sorry about that... no... here's our REAL fuzzies...

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Here's a link with better pictures of our fuzzbutts!

Just click on the tabs... "The Girls" and "The Boys"
http://thestrayers.com/ffh3x2.html

... and the ever so popular (being big headed here) YouTube video of my kiddo's playing when we rented up in Okiehoma...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDX2eKGKOms

Oh... and Reagan passed away a few months ago... we now have Ronnie... mind you who looks the exact same... here's a GREAT pic of Reagan to show his MASSIVENESS... if thats a word...

OH PLUS THESE OTHER PICS I DON'T HAVE ON MY SITE!!!

Reagan, Max, Farrah, Eowyn and Arwen LOL

Eowyn

1 of 2 cages... you can see by the bathroom rugs and linoleum flooring that they are SPOILED!!!!! And the $70 LITTER BOX!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
977 Posts
They are really cute little guys and i know they're affectionate, funny and intelligent and all that...but do they pong a bit :lol:  Or am i misinformed? People have them as pets in England but i don't think they're the "in" thing in France. Anyway, ferrets can't possibly smell more than the French :lol:

·
Registered
7,757 Posts
Isn't that one of those chinese crested dogs?? I think that's the name of it, those hairless things?  :?

·
Registered
977 Posts
I thought gremlins were just fiction but i was obviously wrong-yuk! :lol:  Hope it hasn't got the character to match the looks 8O

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
lol.. my friend had to weird hairless looking dogs. They weren't UGLY LIKE THAT though!! After a while they actually kind of grew on me... they were big sweeties and lovable... just hairless except for a "mohawk" and hair at the end of their tales! LOL

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
I use to have a CRAZY ferret named Boris!! He died at a very young age! I think he was 1 1/2:( Poor Boris He wasnt afraid of anything and took a dive off of the dresser and fractured his back! He died a short time later!

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Poor baby. None of our fuzzies are smart enought to be scared of anything. Well, except Eowyn... for some reason she's scared of the vaccum cleaner YET everyone else tries to attack it!

Ferrets are born with fears of NOTHING and they just learn them along the way... that's pretty much why they can get away with being friends with practically any "predator" animal.

The have very bad depth perception too! It's can be very humerous.

·
Registered
905 Posts
They used to have one in our local pet shop, his name was Fergal.  I asked could I hold him one day, so Dave (the owner) plonks him in my arms and THEN says "Oh by the way, he stinks".  Well good God, was I sorry afterwards.  Fergal himself didn't seem to smell too bad, but the pong he left on my clothes???  It took about 3 washes before anything smelled normal again.

Phew!

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Honeyec\";p=\"9401 said:
They used to have one in our local pet shop, his name was Fergal.  I asked could I hold him one day, so Dave (the owner) plonks him in my arms and THEN says "Oh by the way, he stinks".  Well good God, was I sorry afterwards.  Fergal himself didn't seem to smell too bad, but the pong he left on my clothes???  It took about 3 washes before anything smelled normal again.

Phew!
If it smelled that bad, and being a European ferrett, odds-are it wasn't descented or neutered.  In the States, all ferrets sold at pet stores are descented and neutered.  Neutered and descented ferretts only have a light musk to them, it's mostly their poop that stinks, and a lot of that depends on the diet they are on.

If he stank as bad as you say he did, it had to have been un-neutered.

·
Registered
316 Posts
My DH's roommate  in college had two ferrets (bonnie and clyde)  while everyone was at class one day one of them tried to wiggle out of the cage and got his neck caught.
 It was the saddest thing.

·
Registered
977 Posts
If it smelled that bad, and being a European...

I can think of a few europeans i'd like to neuter or de-scent! The french deserve their reputation at times! :lol:

Like Honeyec said, the ferrets my friends had when we were kids definitely had all their smelly bits still!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts