Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I may have found an alternative to the dreaded E-collar the boys have been wearing! :) I sure hope so...we have these neoprene vests that we bought for Mic and Indy and they aren't terribly fond of them...however, these beat the HECK out of those collars...and with them on, I am pretty sure they can't get at their stitches, because they are a bit too big!!!(First time that's been a GOOD thing!LOL!)  For one, they are picking at the vest and not their stitches...for two, it's bulky enough that when they bend down to lick, the material is getting in the way...HOWEVER, when they are upright to potty, the bottom is out of the way...so no problem there...neoprene is pretty durable..and as for the velcro enclosure...I'll duct tape the dang thing if I have to!LOL!  So, now they can move around freely(instead of sitting still and crying[Indy] because they hate trying to move with the collar on)  The darn collars weren't working anyway...they could still lick...and anytime my back was turned, they did!  ~X(    So, here's hoping!!! I am SO tired of constantly watching and saying "NO!" and ending up listening to Indy cry  8O and Mic licking anyway!LOL!

Phew...I know, I know..."this too shall pass!"  Wish me success!!!

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
That is a great idea and I hope it works for the boys!  I know the cones are a pain and most of them wont work unless they are really huge.  The bigger they are the more the boys will hate them.  So glad you thought of something else and still hoping the swelling is doing alot better....  NO LICKING!!!!  :lol:

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
That sounds like a great idea, I know those cones are a pain.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Sounds like a much better idea than the cones....How are they doing Jeanene?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts