Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok again baby was given fignewton cookies not sure how much i think only two but grrr i have no idea what to do with her and the kids she will eat every thing they give her...and to make things even worse she was trying to clean my 2 year old bum after he pooped in his potty when i finally got him cleaned and went to throw out the toilet papper and baby wipes baby ate the poop in the potty...ahh i got sick and i have no idea what to do with her or what to say to get her to stop this really gross habbit (its not the first time she has done this)  and to get her to stop eating everything the kids give her she gets feed 2 times a day what could she be missing? or what could be wrong? vet said not to worry but i think she is not seeing the big picture here. plase help!!!

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
the solution is to tell your kids they are not allowed under any circumstance to give her anything to eat.  

Dogs will eat plastic and paper, so they arent eating because they need something from it nutrition wise...

·
Registered
942 Posts
Just because your dog is eating the food your kids give her doesn't mean she's missing something, dogs are dogs...most will anything and everything. Like Jessiesmom said, tell you kids not to give her any food...even if they do it doesn't mean shes going to die. Harley ate a whole thing of Chocolate icing...he was fine, Kaci and Milo have both eaten onions, chocolate, and a few unmentionables, but they're still kicking. As far as the poop goes, just make sure you close the door behind you or something...not sure on that one.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Like JessiesMom said, you're going to have to lay the aw down with your kids if you don't want your dog eating everything.  Beckham woudl eat everything too, if we offered it to him!

If you dont' stop it now, the begging will continue and worsen, not to mention if your kids decide to feed the dog something harmful.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok now what about eegnog ahhh god ....I have told and told and told the kids do not give her anything unless they ask but its like talking to a brick wall...and the potty is in the living room as my little guy is just learning to go in it sometimes its in the bath room but he don't always make it if it is in there...ahhhh need help going crazy i could always put the kids in crates and let the dog out she is btter behaved then they are lol..not but serriously what can I do i have made the kids watch emergency vets on tv to show feeding a dog something can be very bad but all i get is" its ok mommy i can feed her that i know she can eat it" ahhhhhhhhhh i don't know wether i want to scream or cry cause i am so fustrated.

oh and how do i tell a 3 year old and an almost two year old ( he will be two dec 31st) not to feed the dog stuff connor can just talk let alone understand don't feed doggy anything even if it fall on the floor and if i am to far away to keep baby out of it what can i say?

·
Registered
942 Posts
Just let the dog eat it. I know plenty of dogs that lived healthy and happy lives that ate all kinds of people food. No need in stressing yourself over it, just re-remind your kids that they are not to give the dog human food. Deep breaths...it'll be okay :D

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
they usally only eat at the table but when they eat chip or have a glass of eggnog and fruit saled or some other treat they sit at the couch baby sometimes goes to her crate but it seams so unfair that she should go there when we sit on the couch and when we eat at the table she never comes in to the kitchen except if one of the kids drops something and i am geeting something from the fridge or i am at the sink.  I hope i can get this stoped all i can see is her eatting more grapes or an orange or tangerine wait are oranges and tangerines ok for dogs to eat?  oh god my muffin head is going to drive me crazy she leaves the tree alone but eats all the food she can get from the kids....i know every one is saying tell the kids but its so grr when they are so young and don't listen maby time for capital punishment.(room time) yha think?  i am so tired don't have a brain to think with...

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I wish the kids dads would be in the kids lives but life can't all be lolly pops and candy canes..lol oh if wishes only came true my mom would take the kids for an hour or thier dads would take them for a day but oh how dreams don't work out!!!

yha being a singal mom with two dogs two cats and sonn to be 4 kids sucks but I really do love every minute of it even though i do get frustrated most times i try to look on the bright side :D

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
sully\";p=\"55323 said:
sounds like somebody need's a baby daddy to lay down the law.... :lol:
Yeah  RRRRIGHT!  having a man in your life will solve ALL your problems! LOL!

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
Make it a game.  Kids at that young love games.

have the dog cookie jar, try to explain that dogs are only allowed to eat cookies from this jar.   Put little cookies in the jar, and tell them when its time to feed Connor Cookies they can do it.   Maybe if you give them a cookie, then they can give connor a cookie.  

Not sure but bet if you make it fun, it may help:)    Either that or only allow them to eat treats like apple slices banana's that the dog can eat too.  By eliminating giving them bad treats (for dogs) unsupervised you lower the rish of COnnor getting something he should not have.

Good Luck!

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
JessiesMom\";p=\"55327 said:
[quote="sully\";p=\"55323":neswrjqf]sounds like somebody need's a baby daddy to lay down the law.... :lol:
Yeah

·
Registered
839 Posts
Gosh, that's a difficult situation you're in. I have a 6 year old, and him being older is still hard to not get him to feed Harley any thing that goes in his mouth too!! They just don't understand that if they can eat it, so can the dog. I would try making it a game like HannaBanana said. Kids love games!! As far as the single parent thing goes, my heart goes out to you. I kinda know what you're dealing with. My husband is a truck driver, and is never home, then when he gets home, he ignores us!!! And a man is not the answer!!! LOL !!!!

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
Or games like  "If you only feed Connor the special cookies, then on the weekend, we can have an ice cream party.  Something goofy and fun.  Worth a shot - and would work on my husband!!  ha ha

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
Hey ladies, I was just kidding.....the dog's name is baby...."baby daddy" .....get it?

As a man I can freely say if I came home to the dog licking poop off the kids butts, I'd run the other way and definitely be of no help.  LOL

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
lol aww but a good man would be nice,.. one who loves animals as much as i do loves kids as much as i do and would help out in the house with the kids and the animals would be a dream come true for me.

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
[quote="sully\";p=\"55340":3gtx8qbv]Hey ladies, I was just kidding.....the dog's name is baby...."baby daddy" .....get it?

As a man I can freely say if I came home to the dog licking poop off the kids butts, I'd run the other way and definitely be of no help.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
oh my god this is what happens when you leave a dog and two young kids alone for 3 min for a laundry break lol..its not blood on the little guy connor its tomato juice which ended up on my floor...they all look so guilty!!!! lol this is my laugh of the day!!!! and the kids raw hide song is on the stereo lol even funnyer!!!

the living room after the storm lol

babyies guilt face aww mom really we didn't do it!!!

oh crap she cought me!!! (connor)

oh we are so bustted!!(helen-jean)

the video of them trying to charm me lol..

http://s132.photobucket.com/albums/q6/a ... day005.flv

1 - 20 of 24 Posts