Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
which is not as accurate, I am sure...but, it says she weighs about 6.5#'s(my mistake)...you guys tell me...see...when we brought Mic home at 6 weeks(we didn't know any better, yet) he weighed in at 8.9#'s...she is 9 weeks and weighs in at 6.5#'s...she has filled out ALOT since we brought her home...she always has a fabulous energy level(wish I could bottle it! I'd make a fortune!LOL)

·
Registered
942 Posts
Females are going to be smaller than the males. Maybe she'll end up being a little boxer like Kaci! :D I have no idea on Kaci's weights when she was 9 weeks, maybe when I get home I can dig in her vet files and find some records of weight.

·
Registered
578 Posts
I actually think she looks perfect and maybe the boys were just very big. Either way they're all gorgeous and I wouldn't worry.

G

·
0 Posts
Jetta was pretty small too at that age...can't judge them...give her time, sometimes the runt of the little gets to be the biggest boxer from the litter...can't judge puppy size...

This is the hot girls husband.   wats crackalackin

·
Registered
294 Posts
She's so cute and little!  You just wait, she'll hit a growth spurt and end up being a monster!

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
Ahhhhhdont worry about her she is fine.....She looks really good.  They all are different you know that. She will come into her own.  Fiona is almost 9 months and she is 52 # that is small compared to some and big compared to others and honestly if she stopped growing right now I would be happy....:)

·
Registered
3,728 Posts
LOL at the pics, she's tooo cute and just perfect the way she is. BTW I've heard dynamite comes in little packages!!! :lol: She'll have the boys jumping at her every whim!

·
Banned
2,318 Posts
she is too cute! she looks perfect!

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
i think she looks more than that but what do i know lol...shes gorgeous !!! shes gonna be different from them anyway...i luv the way she looks :)

whooo hooo more pics more pics haha

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
She just looks perfect.  I wouldn't worry about her weight at all or try and compare it to the boys.  They are definitely bigger at 9 weeks than she is, but she is a female and looks totally healthy and that's what counts.

·
Registered
663 Posts
I think the sex is alot to do with it.  Bo is 1 week older than Laila and out weighs her by about 5 pounds.  He is a good 2-3 inches taller than she is.. Pua looks to be pretty close to Laila's size so I think that is about normal.  She is a beautiful puppy and as I've said before, really reminds me of the way my Laila acts.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I really think it depends on male/female and the dog in general. Some might take a bit to hit a growth spurt, and others it could happen right away. My puppy Ulrich is 9 weeks and weighs about 15 pounds, but who knows he could slow up a bit. I think your dog looks good and healthy, almost a little different body stage then my puppy. You pup seems a little shorter and beefy, mine has hit a taller more long legged stage.

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
ok here goes another blonde question from Ky......

Isis is female and 'YES LIZ' uhmm a little fat haha..but her head and structure are very wide and big...

is there a difference between the american boxers and say german?..i have seen 2 here that came from germany and were built like Isis..like tanks haha..they were bigger...big boned, big wide heads..huge chest and tall...both fawns..

just wondering..maybe Isis is not american? maybe thats why she looks so big?b/c even when we got her and she was emaciated her head and structure were wide which made her look even worse..

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Ky_IsisnOnyxsMama\";p=\"46983 said:

Isis is female and 'YES LIZ' uhmm a little fat haha..but her head and structure are very wide and big...

is there a difference between the american boxers and say german?..i have seen 2 here that came from germany and were built like Isis..like tanks haha..they were bigger...big boned, big wide heads..huge chest and tall...both fawns..

just wondering..maybe Isis is not american? maybe thats why she looks so big?b/c even when we got her and she was emaciated her head and structure were wide which made her look even worse..
Oh yes Ky, there is a big difference..You look at Gero & Voltaire on here and you can see the difference.....Here's a couple other pics of some lovely UK boxers so you can see the difference in the head.....Isis very well could have some German in her, or somewhere back there there is just a very stocky(like Samson) American Boxer

Sorry for hijacking your thread Jeanene  :lol: Pua ia smaller, she's a girl and I think your boys may have been fast growers perhaps..I wouldn't worry about it..You know what they say, good things come in small packages  :)

·
Banned
2,318 Posts
i think  she looks just fine. i actually expecting sumya to be smaller, her dad was 60 lbs and her mom 55 lbs. she is 7 months and already 50 lbs! i am not sure when they stop growing, but you never know she might hit a growth spurt and you will have a monster on your hands! :D

·
Registered
942 Posts
CrazieKC\";p=\"46788 said:
Females are going to be smaller than the males. Maybe she'll end up being a little boxer like Kaci! :D I have no idea on Kaci's weights when she was 9 weeks, maybe when I get home I can dig in her vet files and find some records of weight.
I found all the files I could on Kaci's weight, theres not much though...

Age...............Date............Weight
1 yr, 8 mo.....7/9/07...........31.5
6 mo.............5/4/06...........18.9
4 mo, 2 wks...3/24/06.........14.8

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Ky_IsisnOnyxsMama\";p=\"46983 said:

I AGREE! TINKS PARENTS ARE FROM SOUTH AFRICA! maybe they come in different sizes depending on where they come from! cause Tink is a beast!

·
Registered
496 Posts
She looks great so I would not worry to much but if you feel uncomfortable then take her to the vet and usually they will weight them for free and tell you if it is ideal.
Samantha

1 - 19 of 19 Posts