Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was starting to think Ares was weird or something after hearing everyone talk about the boxer wiggle (kidney bean thing)...but yeah he does it when I'm gone then come back or when my girlfriend came back from the store today.

Hilarious.  Then he gets all rambunctious and starts his moaning / growling / hopping around.  He's an absolute nut.  I think he has ADDFD (ADD For Dogs) or something.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I know its probably a wicked stupid question, but What the heck is a kidney bean anyways. I keep hearing people say it, and I dont know what it is lol. Sorry for the stupidity

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I didn't know either, until Ares did it.  How old are your boxers?

--

Basically, he'll just hunch over and wiggle his whole rear end like crazy...cutest thing ever.

Then he takes it a little further and wiggles his side right into you.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Someone just posted a link to the kidney bean wiggle, it's where they twist around in a semi circle shape and dances and wiggles around - well that's my interpretation of it.  Sorry I couldn't find the post.  Maybe someone else will remember where it is.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Mia does it all the time and I love it!! When my mom use to talk about it, I was like "what?" then when I brought her home, I knew what she was talking about!!

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Oh I wish I could bend like a boxer! Angel gets herself so twisted I don't how she walks. Samson, poor guy, he gives it a valiant attempt, but the body just won't move like that anymore...Aren't they a hoot at times?  :)

·
Registered
977 Posts
Just read this in your link and  8O it's spot on!!! You think you have a unique dog and then realize they were all made in the same mould!! [color=indigo:5uangngp]"When it comes time to physically get into the car, the Boxer will act as if it all of the sudden has lead in it

·
Registered
149 Posts
Too funny...my fiancee thought there was something wrong with him at first when he did the kidney bean thing...I just told him he was super excited lol, glad to know he's not the only one. It's too funny.

·
Registered
2 Posts
LOL!!!! We don't even have to be gone long at all... and we get the "Wiggle But" (that is what we call it)!!! It diffently brings a smile to your face, especially when you are having a bad day!  :D

·
Registered
278 Posts
When we first witnessed the kidney bean it was from Jaxon's dad.  It was the first time we had "met" him and we left asking eachother if there was something wrong with him!  lol  I didn't want to sound rude and ask the owners if he had to go potty.  Just after I saw him do it I came across a description of boxer traits that mentioned the kidney bean.  Jaxon is so darn cute doing it.  He looks as if he has all his energy wound up into wiggling around, curling his butt, and wagging the nub.

·
Registered
405 Posts
re: getting in the car...I didn't realize that was a common thing amoung them. We have a high bed which Abby jumps onto when we allow her like it's nothing! But getting into the back seat of my little tiny jetta is such a show with her...I call her my lil' old lady bc she climbs into it as though she is this arthritic old dog. The front legs go up gently. Then keeping one back foot grounded, she carefully and slowly lifts the other and places it on the edge of the car. Then she slowly lifts the other leg up. Then she repeats the process for getting from the edge of the car to the actual seat (which is like 4 inches higher).

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Never really realized the car thing was a Boxer thing either.  I could never figure out why I always had to lift her back end to get in the car (she jumps on the bed without a problem).  She puts her front legs in and then turns, gives me a look like "well what are you waiting for, lift me up so I can get in."  She knows the routine when we are going to the dog park and jumps right in, coming home I have to help her in.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
[quote="deapee\";p=\"24307":1wu1ppy0]I was starting to think Ares was weird or something after hearing everyone talk about the boxer wiggle (kidney bean thing)...but yeah he does it when I'm gone then come back or when my girlfriend came back from the store today.

Hilarious.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts