Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I am a new Boxer mommy..My babie Liyah is 4 months, and we had her for 1 month before we brought luke who is 2 months on the 1st! Now liyah was trained to use the bathroom, outside, and on her training pads in the bathroom. so every since we brought luke home, she has been going on my carpet, even luke uses the bathroom in the proper place! I know that she is so jealous, but I promise you all..that I still treat my baby the same way, I take them every where...I just dont know what to do...HELP..has this happen to one of you...??? Thanks alot!!

Mommy to Liyahn luke Liyah(4months) Luke( soon to be 2months 1/01/07)

Attachments

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
We also have a four month old, Henry.  We've been taking him out every hour so he gets used to going outside.  We've only had a couple of accidents, but only because we didn't get to the door fast enough.  

I guess what I'm getting at is this.  Take them both out at the same time, every time, and praise like crazy when they go potty.  Also, take them often.  We even get up in the middle of the night to take Henry out because he is so young.

Hope this helps.  Your babies are beautiful!

Zhanna

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
You basically are dealing with 2 babies & like Zhanna said I would take them both out at the same time.. Consistency is the name of the game. Also Luke could be a wee bit upset about sharing you with another puppy..

I'm curious, how did you get a puppy so young? Generally breeders will not release puppies until they are at leat 8 weeks. They are cuties tho.. Best of luck

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey guys thanks so much for your help! My husband is very good with them, making sure they go out!!...I usually take them out in the morning he has night duty...We found my baby luke in a paper...and I like you questioned his age, and the guy told us they were not with the mother , he just feed him milk..which I continued to do..we took him to the dr. and hes doing well..But I had to pamper him when he first came home, but hes doing great actually very smart dog..I get so happy when they use the potty out...i take my treats..Thanks guys I really appreciate your help!!

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
i have recently had a VERY similar issue with Chloe. which we finally started to get under control. I only have the one pup but she would do great and then regress. The best thing that ended up working for me is that i would keep her on leash if she didnt potty in the right places (i.e outside or in your case on a puppy pad) She eventually learned to get off leash she would have to behave and go potty in the proper place. Once she understood this i havent had too many problems since, I know this may be difficult especially with two pups- but it is what worked best for me. Also make sure you clean where they go very well, i use Natures Miracle.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Boy, I remember those days! :lol:   I also use Natures Miracle.  It eliminates the urine and fecal odor so they don't continue to go in that spot.  When we brought Gunner home, Scout regressed a little (not much thank goodness!).  We ended up taking both of them out every hour until Gunner's bladder got a little bigger and by that time, Scout was much better.  You sure have your hands full!

·
Registered
1 Posts
First off...let me say that your babies are beautiful.....I have to agree with some of the comments above...I think once she is used to not being the only "furry child" in the house she will head back in the right direction...your love will lead the way   :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts