·
Registered
5,692 Posts
8O such as life being boxer parents..

how is he feeling? im so sorry you have to go through this frustration...:(

·
Registered
648 Posts
Awww - yes it is a full time job for sure! However, I have found staying with them as much as possible to keep teaching what they can and cannot do helps allot. Eventually they start catching on but sheesh it takes allot of time and patience to do that.

·
Registered
6,026 Posts
Henry has learned how to open the garbage can in the garage! :roll:
We also have to go through the garage to get to the back yard.
Have to remind him several times a day to stay out of the trash. :roll:
Silly puppy! :p

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Kiah picks up everything that is on the floor and is so quick.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
When I lived in Calif, we had the same setup Jeanene, had to go thru garage to get to back yard. we had the doggie door built into the door going outside...My ex had all his weights in the garage along with weight bench and do you know what our two monsters did? They decided to have a mid day snack on the weight bench  8O I came home and opened the door into the garage and found foam everywhere and 2 wiggling nubs....Can't scold or punish, it's a done deal, so kinda laughed it off & waiting til the ex got home...Oh man, he was furious, but can't do anything..So he duck taped the bench up and the next day they had tore all the tape off....Tried Tabasco, didn't work, they like spicy stuff..Eventually they just got bored..We had a full length closet that we locked all other things in so the dogs couldn't get into anything else, you might want to try that..I feel Kelly's frustration, this too shall pass

·
Registered
578 Posts
lol Tell me about it...I can be gone for two seconds and i'll come back to what to anyone else would clearly resemble a burglary.

·
Registered
462 Posts
I have a cat who is in cahoots with the dogs. No matter how high or how far back everything is, if the dogs cant get it the cat will get it for them!

This is the culprit..

Attachments

·
Registered
693 Posts
There is no such thing as BXR proof LOL :D . Our last boxer Sophie, RIP,   was a one dog wrecking machine. When she tore a
3ft. by 3ft. area of flooring up I thought wifey would string her up. On the other hand Donner is a wonderful dog. Has never tore anything up. Go figure, as for Blitzen the jury is still out. She shows signs of being on the devilish side. Time will tell.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
[quote="samsonsmom\";p=\"68137":3kqixw4i]When I lived in Calif, we had the same setup Jeanene, had to go thru garage to get to back yard. we had the doggie door built into the door going outside...My ex had all his weights in the garage along with weight bench and do you know what our two monsters did? They decided to have a mid day snack on the weight bench

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
FREDOSMOM\";p=\"68142 said:
lol Tell me about it...I can be gone for two seconds and i'll come back to what to anyone else would clearly resemble a burglary.
ROTFLOL! So true! I can be RIGHT THERE and look up to find that one of them is chewing something that even I couldn't reach on the bookshelf! 8O

·
Registered
2,597 Posts
See these are all the stories you guys love to leave out when someone new on the board posts "should I get a boxer?"   :lol:

·
Registered
5,692 Posts
haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa Sully rotflmao

they call boxers the " peter pan of the dog world" remember peter pan was ALWAYS up to something hahahahahahaha

atleast we are never bored hahhahhaaha

·
Registered
374 Posts
definitely never boring...Bruce can open doors, but fortunately the only thing he'll go after is stuffed animals...the cat however has figured out how to turn on the AC and once even started the washing machine...that was a nice cold shower!!  Such a joy to have intelligent animals in your life

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Oh yea, did I mention all the Malibu lights that Buck destroyed? Every day I came home and there was another "dead" light by the door waiting for me and a wiggling nub that was soo proud of himself for killing this predator :lol:

·
Registered
905 Posts
Tink and Hector have flooded the downstairs of our house TWICE!  When we're out they go in the utility room with access to the back garden.  Our washing machine is in there, but because it's only plumbed for cold water, the hot water valve isn't connected to anything.  Twice they've managed to switch it on while we were gone for the day, and both times we came home to water about an inch deep as far out as the front door.  All I can say is thank God we've tiles instead of wood floors downstairs!  (Well, our living room floor is wood, but the water never went past the saddle board at the door).

After the second time Emmet made sure the valve was off, then pulled the switch off it so they can't knock it on.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Obviously not alone!

We hate having to crate Hoosier when we are not at home, but he just tears up so much...regardless of exercise (unless he is exhasusted, which takes A LOT). He went through two layers of linoleum in his area and then started to chew the walls and scratch up the bare wood floor. I installed a piece of indoor/outdoor carpet and guess what...found a tiny little edge and up it came! Now, in the crate, he destroys the pillows! I HATE leaving him in this cage with nothing more than blackets, but at this point its that or the door (my wife is not a dog person and his destruction chips away at the love she has developed for him). I can't tell you how many times I've talked to this kid...literally begged for him to cut out it out...because other than that he's great!

·
Registered
374 Posts
I immediately thought of this thread when I saw this last night at PetSmart - not sure how well it'd work (or how much filling you'd go through) but it seemed like a neat idea...assuming you can put it somewhere that the dogs won't break it open to get the remaining treats

http://www.kongtime.com/

1 - 18 of 18 Posts