Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I made Fredo's neutering appointment...but.. I made two appointmnets at two dif places...One at our vet and one at the North Shore Animal League (a rescue organization here on LI). The league is much cheaper but I don't know if I should just pay the extra money and go to my own vet.  Do humane societies and rescue leagues often do a good job? This league is huge and they apparently have a huge medical pavillion but I'm still confused as to what the best thing to do would be. I also know my vet keeps them over night but I'm not sure about the league.

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Often places like that have local vets that volunteer their services, but maybe someone on here has some experience with the league. You might want to call them and ask if you could have some information on the vets who work there.  I would think they have a lot of experience but you never know.

·
Banned
2,318 Posts
sumya was spayed at anti-cruelty. they did a wonderful job. it was same day pick- up. it was tons cheaper too. my vet was asking 500$! i paid the anti - cruelty fee of 25$ and i made a donation. still cheaper than the vet.the anti-cruelty also gave a guarantee that if god forbid, any problems shouls arise they will treat the animal (free) and i also got a free follow up visit, if i so desired.

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wow, that's pretty good service, thanks for the info guys. You know, I  would never compromise his health but if we can save a few bucks here and there we're all for it. Even though the saved money would prob go into buying him more toys anyway...lol

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Just make sure they don't use Ace for anesthesia; it is potentially dangerous for Boxers.

·
Registered
3,939 Posts
We have an organization here called Mississippi Spay and Neuter Assoc.  Same type league I think as you have and I do surgery for them at a discount.  Well I do the surgery for free and they charge I think $25 to $35 for the surgery to go to help them.  The only person who can operate on your dog is a licensed vet so it will not be some kennel worker during the day neuter at night person :) Very seldom does a shelter or spay/neuter place have a vet onsite it is generally all donation work for the community :)  Like Barb said call and ask what vet will be working the day of your surgery. You never know it could be your regular vet  :lol:  :lol:

·
Registered
578 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well they do have 10 full time Vets as well as volunteers and 80 vet techs, and it is a pretty reputable place. I'm just a paranoid mommy I guess.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts