Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I fed mine the Nutro Max adult until we discovered Lucy had such problems. Now, I still feed Sam that but add some of the homecooked goods- for Lucy, I feed rice and chicken add a splash of pumpkin and add that to 1/2 cup of her puppy food (Nutro-chicken, rice, and oatmeal).

·
Registered
2,679 Posts
Canidae - lamb and rice formula... I think!  I switch it up sometimes and i cant remember if that is the one or not!

·
Registered
381 Posts
Pro Plan, Canidae and Timberwolf have been the last 3 dog foods I've bought and fed.  I also feed some human food and table scraps like eggs, meat (chicken, pork chops, steak, liver... whatever), veges, dab of yogurt, fish like sardines or mackeral, etc...

·
Registered
362 Posts
Just getting ready to ask if anyone fed Pro-Plan.  That was the only food my greyhound could eat without GI problems.  I'm feeding my boxer Nutro Lamb large breed puppy.  Only been 5 days on it and seems to be doing well on it.  Previous owner had him on Iams, so that may have something to do with how bad his skin got with his demodex.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Brady is on Chicken Soup...which I love bc he is extremely picky and has eatten consistantly sicne the day I brought this home.  We must have gone through 7 kinds before I found one he liked...also it is ery highly rated and raeasonable cost-wise.  

Abby is currently on Timberwolf Ocean Blue but we will be switching her soon. She has a skin allergy of sorts that we are trying toresolve while the Timberwolf was good for a while, she is losing hair again in patches.  Not sure what we will try next..maybe the new natural balance formula: venison and sweet potato. maybe just boiled chicken and rice for a while to ensure it is a food allergy.

Prior to these two, oru other "long term" foods were Canidae Lamb & Rice (off this bc Brady stopped eating it and we needed to try something for Abby's skin) and Natural Balance (wasn't working for Abby's skin, Brady didn't seem to carre for it).

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Started off feeding Samson Nutro and used the senior version for along time...When we brought Angel home, needed to get something else, so tried Blue, ugh, not good...Both of them had runny poo, so went back to regular Nutro for awhile, then my store started carrying Chicken Soup, so that's what they are both on..Plus the 'extras", like sardines, scrambled eggs, steamed veggies, chicken & yogurt

·
Banned
2,318 Posts
i feed her royal canin, it works good for us but have heard that it is not the greatest.been wondering what else is out there...

·
Registered
294 Posts
Beckham is on Merrick's Wilderness Blend and absolutely loves it.  No more picky eater for us!
His coat is awesome, his pads are soft and he just looks amazing!

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
Royal Canin is a fine food in some formulas.  Some have corn in it.   Corn is a low grade filler and can cause many allergies.   Other than that - Royal Canin is not bad at all:)

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
We started with Blue Buffalo, but things didnt work out with Reese and her poo's- gone through many a food and now we are sticking with Purina One Chicken and Rice. This is the only food that had put weight on reese and kept stools firm. Savannah started stealing Reese's food instead of eating the Chicken Soup that she used to love so we switched her over as well.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I use california natural lamb and rice.  The best parts are their shiny coats and NO GAS!!!!!  The bad parts are their bad breath.

Scott

·
Registered
4,694 Posts
Roxy gets doggie meatballs in the AM and Canidae with Missing Link supplement and Reeko gets Doggie meatballs in the AM and Homecooked meal in the PM with Missing Link supplement! Both coats are very shiny and soft!!

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
RoxyGirl22\";p=\"49245 said:
Roxy gets doggie meatballs in the AM and Canidae with Missing Link supplement and Reeko gets Doggie meatballs in the AM and Homecooked meal in the PM with Missing Link supplement! Both coats are very shiny and soft!!
Doggie Meatballs??? I have never heard of that! Where do you get them?

·
Registered
11,429 Posts
Tried Canidae (lost bunches of hair and a lot of other problems), Solid Gold & Timberwolf (both soft pooh) none worked well for Kiah, now on Pro Plan Natural Selects Salmon and Brown Rice and she is doing wonderfully.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Cosmo will eat just about anything you put infront of him. We switched him off of Purina Pro-Plan (bad ingredients) and onto Canidae. He loves it. I bet he would eat an entire bag if we left it out for him. He gets his fill and looks for more!

·
Registered
893 Posts
Ekim is on wellness weight management and so far so good. He lost 5 lbs this month and his stools are firmer, smaller and he goes less. His allergies are doing great on this ffood. Delila is on pinnicle, all stages puppy to adult and she is doing well on it. She is a picky eater so I have to mix some pumpkin,yogurt, cottage cheese and warm water in it.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Various RAW ground mixes. Lots of RAW meaty bones like chix backs, wings, sometimes pork ribs. They get brewers yeast,unfiltered apple cider vineger, Atlantic salmon oil, and a allin one suppliment with kelp and other goodies. These add ins are a little here and their not all the time.

1 - 20 of 72 Posts