Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
381 Posts
Pro Plan, Canidae and Timberwolf have been the last 3 dog foods I've bought and fed.  I also feed some human food and table scraps like eggs, meat (chicken, pork chops, steak, liver... whatever), veges, dab of yogurt, fish like sardines or mackeral, etc...

· Registered
381 Posts
Bumpy\";p=\"49352 said:
Cornbread? Really? Corn is an allergin.

Corn gets a bad rap, and it's misunderstood.  Is it an allergen?  Well I'm not exactly sure at what level something becomes an allergen, but there are a handful of other foods that are common to cause dog allergies including beef, dairy products, chicken, wheat, chicken eggs, and soy.  I don't see anyone running out and saying "don't feed your dog chicken, it's an allergen".

These 8 foods:  milk, eggs, peanuts, tree nuts (walnut, cashew, etc.), fish, shellfish, soy, and wheat make up 90% of all human allergies.  Should they be considered "allergens" and therefore not feed to humans??  If a human has no allergic reaction to the food, no problem right??

If someone wants to say that corn is a cheap filler product that isn't a required part of a dog's diet, then I'd agree.  Because it's definitely cheap and dogs would have no problem living without it.

And bumpy this wasn't meant to be directed at you, just trying to provide some info since I think there is a big misunderstanding.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.