Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner
41 - 60 of 72 Posts

· Registered
7,721 Posts
[quote="sharonL\";p=\"49462":379veyo3]No I think that is the right one for her (skin issues).

· Banned
2,318 Posts
kiahsmom\";p=\"49370 said:
[quote="FREDOSMOM\";p=\"49369":m2ol8r4o]Does anyone know what would be the best food when dealing with a puppy w/ almost constant loose stool?
What works well for one puppy may not work with another which is why we all have had different experiences with foods.

· Registered
1,552 Posts
We feed real food. :)  Raw meaty bones, ground raw mixes (meat, bones, veggies, and organs), the occasional cooked squash or sweet potato.  Small, firm, non-smelly stool; soft, shiny coats; sparkly white teeth; very few trips to the vet save annual check-ups and the occasional injury - definitely works great for my crew! :)

· Registered
462 Posts
I think Im on the 6th food, cheap to very costly and Gunner STILL has runny poos. I think Im going to try the Purina Pro Plan. I did try the regular Purina with no luck. I will let you all know how it works out. You are all correct that this food thing is VERY FRUSTRATING!

· Registered
4,213 Posts
Leanne\";p=\"49690 said:
I think Im on the 6th food, cheap to very costly and Gunner STILL has runny poos. I think Im going to try the Purina Pro Plan. I did try the regular Purina with no luck. I will let you all know how it works out. You are all correct that this food thing is VERY FRUSTRATING!
Have you ever tried adding a bit of pumpkin to his meals?

· Registered
3,730 Posts
Leanne, there are NO dumb questions :lol: The pumpkin should be canned pumpkin, NOT the canned pie filling too much other stuff in that. Around here it's labeled solid pack pumpkin.Be careful as most stores stock them side by side.

· Registered
397 Posts
Leanne\";p=\"49690 said:
I'd avoid Purina and stick to the hollistic kibble. Maybe try a low protein grain free diet like timberwolf or maybe even try a more simple diet like the simple solutions from wellness.

I agree with the pumpkin- not a lot just a spoonful.

· Registered
359 Posts
I wouldn't lump Purina Pro Plan in with all Purina.  To me, it seems to be in a different class as what most would put Purina foods in. It was the only food I found that my greyhound could eat.  

Just went through one bag of Nutro lamb puppy with Cooper.  Kind of hard to see if he's having any allergies because of his demodex clearing up.  He did have some dandruff on his back (no demodex there that I know of) over the weekend so I am now switching him over to Canidae Lamb and rice.  The Nutro was fine for his system, but don't want to take any chances with allergies with him.

· Registered
28 Posts
I feed Bonzer Canidae Chicken and Rice.  It is a great food and is surprisingly affordable.  I know tons of other dogs that use it. (Our shop sells it) I would recommend it highly. They add the probiotics to the kibble after it is cooked which is as good as giving your dog a serving of yogurt.  The Lamb and Rice is one of the only L & R that is a true mix. Other brands Lamb and Rice has chicken as an ingredient. Again, I can not say enough good about it!!

· Registered
359 Posts
Well, been about a week with 1/2 and 1/2 new Canidae and Nutro (both lamb and rice).  Cooper seemed to do fine on Nutro, just wanted to switch him over to remove any chances of allergy with him fighting the demodex.  It hasn't been long enough to say whether either one worked or didn't, but at least his tummy has been fine with both foods.

41 - 60 of 72 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.