Boxer Breed Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bee Bee is so hyper, what's the secret to calming them down?  So far she hasn't eaten anything , chased my cats and my two shelties are very intimidated by her.  LOL

I know it's only been one day, so I'm sure things will calm down after awhile.  I still love her and wouldn't give her back, just to let you know.  HA HA HA

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
She is adjusting....when i brought Chance home he did the same thing for a few days....my cat wouldnt come out of the family room because of him. Give it some time...she will settle down a bit

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
Oh definitely, she's going to need a bit of time to settle in..She's about 1 right? Angel was about 1 1/2 when we brought her home, recovering from her 2 surgeries and man she was like boxer on speed!

·
Registered
292 Posts
I agree, she'll calm down when she gets used to her surroundings. Remember, she's young and she's a boxer so she has a lot of energy to burn!

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh I'm sure she'll calm down in a few days at least.  I have a caretaker that comes in to take care of my 95 yr old grandmother - I'm glad Rob's off this week or Bee Bee probably would have drove her crazy.  LOL

I did post some pics of my shelties on the forum about the other pets you have.  I do have some new ones though that I could post.

Actually the lady that had her did teach her to sit, lay down, talk to you and "no".  She is crate trained and leash trained.

I did get her off that lady that posted on here.  I can see why she needed to find her a home because they live in a complex that had very little yard.  I think she did shed a tear when we were leaving with her.  She gave me all her toys, dog food & treats and her blanket.

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
well it sounds like that was a hard decision to make for her, but i will commend her on doing what is best for the dog. I agree that she will calm down some after a couple of days. keep those pics coming-she is such a cutie

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
When I first brought Kane home, about 6 weeks ago, he was wild too.  Now he follows me everywhere, sits at my feet, sleeps next to me in bed, and is a perfect gentlemen.  It takes them a while to get use to you and their new surroundings.  When my son read this he reminded me that I told him I must have lost my mind - this dog is insane!  Just give Bee Bee a little while to fit in.  I agree that keeping her on a leash right by you will help build confidence and allow you to control her interaction with your other animals.  She won't be free to express that natural boxer energy to just love and hug and squish your other babies.   Good Luck!

·
Registered
8,155 Posts
She should calm down, probablly not used to having the room to run around.  Once she gets all the pimped up energy out of her system, I am sure she will be a lot more mellower - just needed a release.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well my hubby said that Sadie and her were actually playing with each other a bit outside this morning, so maybe the bonding is slowly starting.  LOL

She is so opposite of what I'm used to.  I just love her little tail and that boxer wiggle you guys are always talking about.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts